Hole at quarter panel and rear of door?

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I just noticed a hole in the 1/4 panels at the top were the 1/4 window and rear of the door are. It's the same on both sides. I haven't noticed or paid attention to this before.

Does anyone else have this on theirs or has some of my weather stripping gone missing / deteriorated? Of course it could also just be age and usage on the car. It has well over 200,000 miles on it.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
By hole, I'm assuming you mean the gap there? Has your door or quarter panel been off before? I wouldn't think it would matter as long as water isn't getting in side (other than maybe being cosmetically unattractive).

BTW, your avatar is from Soul Eater, yes?

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
yup I believe that is normal. I replaced all the weather stripping on my driver door window about a week ago. (bet you sang "about a week ago, week ago" lol) my buddy had it laying around so why not give it to me right?

OP
OP
RedTwilight

RedTwilight

Reaction score
By hole, I'm assuming you mean the gap there? Has your door or quarter panel been off before? I wouldn't think it would matter as long as water isn't getting in side (other than maybe being cosmetically unattractive).

BTW, your avatar is from Soul Eater, yes?

YES! The avatar is from Soul Eater. Thought about using Stein instead of the moon.

But yeah I'm asking about the open gap of the quarter panel below the quarter window trim. No the quarters and doors have never been off before. And it's the same on both driver and passenger side.
I just worried that water may be getting in there and will cause rust to form if it doesn't have anyway to drain.

yup I believe that is normal. I replaced all the weather stripping on my driver door window about a week ago. (bet you sang "about a week ago, week ago" lol) my buddy had it laying around so why not give it to me right?

I plan to get all new weather stripping when the car gets some much needed body and paint work.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
YES! The avatar is from Soul Eater. Thought about using Stein instead of the moon.

:thumbsup:

But yeah I'm asking about the open gap of the quarter panel below the quarter window trim. No the quarters and doors have never been off before. And it's the same on both driver and passenger side.
I just worried that water may be getting in there and will cause rust to form if it doesn't have anyway to drain.

I just went and looked on my car - the weatherstripping is removed currently so the hole is obviously there. However, I think it's covered when the weatherstripping is in place. Right in that area is where the weatherstipping attaches to the door frame and goes up and around to seal the door window when closed. Where it attaches there, it's like a big hunk of rubber, with some pushpin looking things holding it in place. Are any of those pins missing? or is the hunk of rubber deformed?

OP
OP
RedTwilight

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Got another pic showing the hole in which I speak.

I plan on getting new weatherstrip anyway once it gets painted. Hopefully just some shrunk and moved out of place.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I think it looks normal man just old and abused like my car and alot others where do you get replacement weather stripping from man?

chris86uk

Reaction score
That gap is there on mine so I think it's just normal. No doubt it just runs to a drain and drops out underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online