Holland = tulips

Mack

Reaction score
Because some stereotypes are just true...

Foto550-V83ZQ48D.jpg

Foto550-GYFFETLO.jpg

Foto550-U4L3J8QT.jpg

Foto550-GUPRCGED.jpg

TanTop94

Reaction score
At first glance I thought it was fake....wow. Wish I had something like that around here. I could take a picture with corn and soy beans in the background in a few months!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
What he said^ I could have a background of tomatoes or watermelons down here lmao. That's pretty awesome though Mack! That third picture is really cool!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
those are not the fields I dream of when I think of Amsterdam. I am so glad I managed to make it there before my chrones took over my life. Spent 3 wonderful days there, loved it. Cool city and nice people I highly recommend you check it out if you have the means.

OP
OP
Mack

Mack

Reaction score
those are not the fields I dream of when I think of Amsterdam. I am so glad I managed to make it there before my chrones took over my life. Spent 3 wonderful days there, loved it. Cool city and nice people I highly recommend you check it out if you have the means.

Amsterdam is for tourists, lol

OP
OP
Mack

Mack

Reaction score
Mind you, this is just one field. I passed it by accident and decided to take some pics.

The real tulip-fields are more in the north of where I live, and they are much larger.

Pic from interwebs:
tulipspa0605_800x5391.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The contrast in those pictures hurts my eyes lol.

Beautiful pictures though. I need to go back to Europe already.

RichV

Reaction score
Really cool! Thanks for sharing!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know its for tourists, that's what I was. I would do almost anything to make it back there for two-lips:ky: season again.... Fellas I shit ya not our train arrived at 10:30 pm at the down town train station and we had our backpacks and no reservations. We found a runner for a hostel(they would get a few bucks per person for bringing lost/arriving tourists to hostels) that took us on a 15 min walk along the canals, finally ending at a houseboat. It had one large open room, 6 bunk beds(the cot style with the material stretched between two boards), a bathroom, a smoke room and ran us $15 A night I think it was(this was 1991 and if I made it sound luxurious that was purely accidental. We gave them the money they needed, and then they sold us weed. 30 mins after arriving into that city I was walking down a street passing a joint between some german guys that didn't speak English and us no german. If you ever go there I highly recommend you buy a map and look at it prior to buying weed(trust me). Great 4 days there....

OP
OP
Mack

Mack

Reaction score
I live in the 2nd city of the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and there's quite a bit of rivalry between the two cities. I will stay away from Amsterdam as much as possible :D

Come to Holland, but don't stick around in Amsterdam too long and don't smoke too much weed... It's a nice country to visit without the touristy-stuff.

And just a fun-fact for you: in the Netherlands, yes weed is sort-of-legal, but the percentage of youth that has smoked weed is LOWER in the Netherlands than it is in the US, where weed is still mostly illegal... So in fact, the Americans are bigger potheads than the Dutch - even when I can just buy it at the corner of my street (literally because there's a shop there). And NO, I've never tried it.

Back to the tulips, which you can't smoke.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think part of the enjoyment of the whole experience(besides the weed yes there is a lot more then that there) was just how nice the people were. While rivalry's are everywhere I am willing to bet the general attitude of the people between the two too outsiders is probably about the same. I think the only place we met more welcoming people then Holland in my traveling was down in Barcelona. It might have just been the general shock to my system taking a train from paris, where even the waiters were rude to us, to spain/Barcelona where while walking through a park 3 crusty old dudes stopped their game of bocce ball and walked over too us. Just being a traveler in Europe or anywhere abroad when ever I found the locals approach me Idunno if its a stupid paranoid reaction or what but I grap my passport/wallet/money when they get close. It took me and my brother a second to realize that they were trying to figure out where we were from since as we all know how a foreigner sticks out. Again while holding my wallet/passport I answered that we were americans and they all started smiling and said something between themselves. Then they broke out into a an 3 man trio singing a song I had not heard before with something to do with I love americans... It took a little while to get over the shock and realize that they were not trying to get our wallets with their little song complete with jazz hands(no shit 80 yr old Spanish dudes with jazz hands) and then just the general thought got through to us. Its a tough act to beat but now that I think about it the hostel runner did pass us an already rolled joint from her own bag right after we bought a small bag from her, and then walked us out into the streets toking with no idea where we were..... Not sure if I saw her today if I would thank her, or recommend that she sell maps as well as weed to the lost tourists...

just had a million dollar idea for you there, rolling papers with street maps on them for the tourists :)

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Back to the tulips, which you can't smoke.

:lol:

Beautiful country. I'm sure you get tired of people talking about weed when they find out where you are from. I live in Nashville and I hate country music.

Rallim

Reaction score
That's really pretty. I just picked up a camera and I wish I had somewhere like this to try it out.

OP
OP
Mack

Mack

Reaction score
Come on, Dutch, let's let them Americans believe there's live outside the US...

But yeah, in general it sucks... Let's talk about how 70% of my income goes to taxes to pay the European Union.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.