Holley Pro dash install in sn95

Cobra82

Reaction score
So I have the holley terminator x on my 95 witch still is not finished the wiring it up. Was having problems with getting the fuel pump to turn on. But I ordered the Pro dash and was going to put that in the car, I've heard from some on here that you lose charging from the Alt when you remove the stock cluster. What all has to be done for the alt to charge with using the Pro dash? Any help would be appreciated

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
95 should not have a problem with the cluster, my 94 didn't. Do you have power to the fuel pump relay? How is it wired? Did you go through the factory wiring where the inertia switch could be tripped?

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
My fuel pump wire was used from the stock harness. That still has the inertia switch in trunk hooked to factory harness with all the ccrm removed. So as far as the dash gives my car should still charge right. How do you wire it to a 95?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I do not have any charging problems but I didn't use much of the stock wiring. I am pretty sure you are thinking of a later model that had the charging issues when the dash was removed. Depending on where you tapped the factory fuel pump power wire I am willing to bet it ends at the ccrm when you removed it. If that is the case you would need to find the input/output for the fuel pump on that harness and then connect them. If you do not feel like digging through that harness then you could run a new wire back to the inertia switch and connect to it there.

I would start by checking the inertia swtich and see if you have power on either of the wires going to it for 5 secs after the key is on.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I don’t recall when it happened but the alternators at some point had to have the charge indicator in line to complete the ignition circuit and excite the alternator to make it charge. If that’s required, you can just put an ignition power to the green wire on the alternator. Look up stand alone wiring for 3g alternator. If I remember correctly, on the 3 wire connector, yellow is battery, white goes to the stator on the alternator, and green gets ignition power. It’ll charge just fine

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.