HOLY EMPTY WALLET BATMAN!!!!!

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just went and bought new front brakes and rotors, $210.00. I thought the rotors would be about $70.00-$75.00 each, they were $39.00 each. I figured the brakes pads would be about $40.00-$50.00, they were $130.00. I about shit myself.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
damn, i paid 50 bucks for my pads and 175 for the rotors.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i hope you got some ultra super-duper high performance brake pads. :hammer:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
So . . . you actually came out about right?

You thought rotors would be $75 each . . that's $150. You thought pads would be $50 . . that's $200 total. Add in the "I remember when candy bars cost a nickel!!" factor and you came out pretty good. 8)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
for a hundred more dollars you could have gotten a brand new set of mach brakes with SS lines. :p

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
for a hundred more dollars you could have gotten a brand new set of mach brakes with SS lines. :p

Way to make him feel better now. ::)

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:

You thought rotors would be $75 each . . that's $150. You thought pads would be $50 . . that's $200 total. Add in the "I remember when candy bars cost a nickel!!" factor and you came out pretty good. 8)

I spent about what I figured I would spend. I just thought the expensive part was the rotors not the pads.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
TRUUBLE said:

I spent about what I figured I would spend. I just thought the expensive part was the rotors not the pads.

Well . . . you got those Uberpads . . .

94Vert

Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
I just went and bought new front brakes and rotors, $210.00. I thought the rotors would be about $70.00-$75.00 each, they were $39.00 each. I figured the brakes pads would be about $40.00-$50.00, they were $130.00. I about shit myself.

I've never seen pads cost so much. Did they throw in some blinker fluid for ya?

lrall

Reaction score
and some muffler bearing grease? thats important

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes I got some muffler bearing grease and blinker fluid. I had to buy the grease, and they only had blinker fluid for the left side. They special ordered the right side blinker fluid.

I am going to remove the rear section of my mufflers and repack the bearings when I have it on the jackstands. I am getting a humming noise and I think it is the muffler bearings.

Do any of you guys know what the preload on the muffler bearings are? I need to get the proper shim packs.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Yes I got some muffler bearing grease and blinker fluid. I had to buy the grease, and they only had blinker fluid for the left side. They special ordered the right side blinker fluid.

I am going to remove the rear section of my mufflers and repack the bearings when I have it on the jackstands. I am getting a humming noise and I think it is the muffler bearings.

Do any of you guys know what the preload on the muffler bearings are? I need to get the proper shim packs.

The preload is between 6 and 8 foot pounds depending on altitude. But, if you get a universal canuter valve, the altitude variation doesn't apply so the preload is 6.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:

The preload is between 6 and 8 foot pounds depending on altitude. But, if you get a universal canuter valve, the altitude variation doesn't apply so the preload is 6.

Actually if you got the cash for the universal canuter titanium valvebody, you might as well go with a stainless dual percussion sensor as well or they wont
variate right under really hard acceleration and under hard breaking when the ABS is used it could actually cause a piston fire in the sparkplugs.

ripper

Reaction score
While your in there you might as well change your Flux capacitor also. Just tryin to think ahead. O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online