home made turbo system

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Stevo said:
I watched the vid on that 8 sec turbo car and when he left the line i said "no way this car makes 8 sec. No wheelie, front end didnt even really rise. Whats the deal? They make the power in the higher rpm range?

Well man, the thing with turbo's is that you can get a really really big one that won't do much off the line, since it takes so much more exaust to run it, but up top it is going to be a jet, smaller turbos are good for lower to mid, Twins are good for low and mid, since they are usually smaller turbo's.

At least thats what i get out of it so far. I'm just starting to look into it right now too.

thats not entirely true anymore.. you can get close to if not the same "spool" performance of twins in a single now. In a PROPERLY sized single you can make as much power and have as good a spool time as a pair of smaller twin turbos. The key word here being PROPERLY. to big a turbine side and you'll have more lag.. to small a turbine and you'll have awesome spool time but you'll loose power on the upper band b/c the turbo gets out of its efficiency range.

There's a fairly fine line between to big and to small..

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
voidfinger said:
Stevo said:
I watched the vid on that 8 sec turbo car and when he left the line i said "no way this car makes 8 sec. No wheelie, front end didnt even really rise. Whats the deal? They make the power in the higher rpm range?

Well man, the thing with turbo's is that you can get a really really big one that won't do much off the line, since it takes so much more exaust to run it, but up top it is going to be a jet, smaller turbos are good for lower to mid, Twins are good for low and mid, since they are usually smaller turbo's.

At least thats what i get out of it so far. I'm just starting to look into it right now too.

thats not entirely true anymore.. you can get close to if not the same "spool" performance of twins in a single now. In a PROPERLY sized single you can make as much power and have as good a spool time as a pair of smaller twin turbos. The key word here being PROPERLY. to big a turbine side and you'll have more lag.. to small a turbine and you'll have awesome spool time but you'll loose power on the upper band b/c the turbo gets out of its efficiency range.

thnx for clearing all this up thomas.

just for an fyi to every1, b4 u go off spouting information that you read from all the forums from people you have never met b4 and still drive around in stock trim mustangs, make sure it is 100% true or else u get the whole mustang community thinking false about something...

thnx :bunny3:

ripper

Reaction score
Hey nes thats why its called a DISCUSSION board. Did you miss this part (At least thats what i get out of it so far. I'm just starting to look into it right now too.) But thanx for the heads up on the credebility of our spouting members.

voidfinger

Reaction score
nes said:
Thomas_W said:
voidfinger said:
Stevo said:

just for an fyi to every1, b4 u go off spouting information that you read from all the forums from people you have never met b4 and still drive around in stock trim mustangs, make sure it is 100% true or else u get the whole mustang community thinking false about something...

As far as my credebility goes, yes i have a stock "trim" mustang, but i also have a turbocharged Chevy C10. So what is this about credibility, just b/c you have something doesn't mean that you know everything about it and ill be the first to tell you i don't know everything, but hey its logical that the bigger turbo is going to take more to spool and be a higher rpm machine. But what do i know about logic ::)

ripper

Reaction score
nes that whole remark was uncalled for. If your lookin for an argument go to mustang forums they like that shit over there.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well it does seem off key, but I do agree. there's a lot of hype online about stuff. nature of the beast I guess.

and, this is a discussion forum, so, uuuuh, you guys take it from there.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
well it does seem off key, but I do agree. there's a lot of hype online about stuff. nature of the beast I guess.

and, this is a discussion forum, so, uuuuh, you guys take it from there.

thnx for being in agreement dal. but i was just calling it like i see it. alot of the sh!t people say online is stuff they read somewhere else and pass the word on which is 90% of the time false, ill go to any mustang forum and speak the same that i speak to any1 on here. logic is one thing but giving false information is another, so until you figure it for yourself DONT give information your unsure about.

and i think every comment ive made in this thread was entirely neccessary to clear things up for some guys O0

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
nes said:
Thomas_W said:
voidfinger said:
Stevo said:

As far as my credebility goes, yes i have a stock "trim" mustang, but i also have a turbocharged Chevy C10. So what is this about credibility, just b/c you have something doesn't mean that you know everything about it and ill be the first to tell you i don't know everything, but hey its logical that the bigger turbo is going to take more to spool and be a higher rpm machine. But what do i know about logic ::)

im happy for your turbo charged c10, but we are talking mustangs here. all i was saying was thanx for clearing it up to thomas (some1 who actually has experienced it on a MUSTANG) and letting you know that your false statements that you spout out arent worth anything. didnt mean to offend you but i really dont care that it hurt ur feelings so much ;D

Thomas_W

Reaction score
wow.. this flipped 180* the opposite direction :hammer: dont take things to heart guys.. i agree their is alot of BS floating around on the internet and so far this site has seem'd to be pretty clean of it.. I'll be the first to tell you.. i dont know everything about turbo's... But i've had 3 turbo mustangs so far and all of them worked out extremely well... but keep on with the topic.. no reason to get into a tissy

ripper

Reaction score
Hmmm 90% of what i read posted in here is bullshit. Ill have to remember that.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nes, I agree with your point, but your coming on a bit strong here.

Discussion is part opinion, and we definately try to base our "tech" on fact and experience.
Myself, our mods and a number of other members have/will speak up if info is not correct.

you should try to get involved in the discussion here, perhaps with some specific info?

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
i wouldnt have to come on so strong in defense of my opinion if i was getting attacked by 2 people who felt offended by what i originally stated :dunno:

ripper

Reaction score
Ok dal ill leave it alone and this will be my last respone lol. But as for calling me a liar i have a little quote from your post copied and pasted.

alot of the sh!t people say online is stuff they read somewhere else and pass the word on which is 90% of the time false,

May be someone else posted that in your name :dunno:

Whatever it was i guess your the OTHER 10% ^-^

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
so nes, what is your setup since you have personal experience pushing 400+ on stock internals and know about turbos??

voidfinger

Reaction score
Sorry Dal. but you know that I don't sit here and spout incorrect stuff, i'm here to learn more and for "some" people that can't read, ill state it one more time

"At least thats what i get out of it so far. I'm just starting to look into it right now too."

That right there should speak for its self, if it don't i'm sorry that people can't make the connection. Almost everyone in here has seen me in the forums and know that i'm not a rude person, but God durnit , this pisses me off. I can't even say a damn thing about what i'm trying to learn. Its bull shit and if you don't like it then STFU. I'm tired of people saying "People saying what they read on the net and saying that its true" or different versions of it. Well guess what, thats why we are here. So please don't be rude and just jump into a thread and then talk shit about someone. It's very rude, so please keep this forum one of the best and don't hate, and i know Dal. would apreciate that.

I'm out. :nonono:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you guys are fine!
I was talking to Nes - i agree that "sometimes" things get out of wack on the forums. This is NOT one of those times!

He came at us sideways, and really should apologuise IMO.
No worries - y'all keep on.

Back on track-
Ok, I'll start - Turbo's are really cool....
makes your car sound like a jet, and women's panties just drop!

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
you guys are fine!
I was talking to Nes - i agree that "sometimes" things get out of wack on the forums. This is NOT one of those times!

He came at us sideways, and really should apologuise IMO.
No worries - y'all keep on.

Back on track-
Ok, I'll start - Turbo's are really cool....
makes your car sound like a jet, and women's panties just drop!

didnt mean to come out like that, just meant to make a statement about things people are unsure about or have read on the net from one person that is not entirely true. O0 my bad if every1 was offended in some way or another, just dont like it when one passes the word to another about information with little to no truth behind it.

just as void says im here to learn about things the same, but learning from some1 with no more experience behind the same car than me does me no good, im pretty sure that we have all read the 400-450hp limit a million times, but look at how many guys are above and beyond that and for how long...
just some food for thought

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
so nes, what is your setup since you have personal experience pushing 400+ on stock internals and know about turbos??

never said either of those actually :aresehole: , just think its annoying reading about it from people who dont know/havent experienced it. anywho my set up is as followed

pi intake and cams
longtubes
100 shot dry (zex kit)
and soon to have 3.90s or 4.10s cant quite decide just yet

all this should put me around 330 rwhp after i get it tuned i hope, but i want to do a turbo setup in the future, hence why i chimed in this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online