Honest opinions on this Stang (pics)

Mr. B

Reaction score
A friends 87 year old mother is about to sell her 94 GT. It's never been modded or even driven hard. I drove it today, and it could stand to be driven hard! The thing really needs to be blown out. Other than that it runs strong and shifts smooth. It's only got 44K miles on it. And other than the cometics it's in good shape (see pics). Please tak a look and tell me what you think it's worth. I was thinking of offering $3,500 and not paying more than $4,500. I think she's going to want around 5K for it, but I'm not sure it's worth that in the current condition. I believe it could be after I fully detail it and tune it up a bit. But as is... I'm not sure I'd pay 5K.

Please tell me what you guys think as I'm going to make an offer tomorrow or the next day. Thanks in advance, I'm really looking for some good advice on this from guys who know these cars well.

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I'd say probably $4K given the uber-low miles.

95Boss

Reaction score
Hoo boy, that car bears many similarities to the '88 Taurus my mother-in-law drove until her doctor took her license away. More parking lot dents, scuffed wheels, and paint colors on the bumpers than you could imagine. All those poor bastards who came out to the parking lot and wondered who had punted their car while they were shopping. This Mustang has had a similar life. Please buy that poor automobile and give it a better future that the past it endured. $4K is reasonable. Some elbow grease, cleaning and detailing agents, paint and body touch-ups, and you'll have a pretty darn nice car. The tribar wheels are a big plus (to me). Go for it!

OP
OP
M

Mr. B

Reaction score
I know I could make that thing shine and look 100% better. I just don't want to be in it for too much. I think you guys are right. I'd pay 4K and be happy with that. 5K is pushing it for me.

95-stang

Reaction score
It has potential, was she trying to damage EVERY panel? :)
Good luck anyway, it could make a great motor.

OP
OP
M

Mr. B

Reaction score
I've posted this on other forums and everyone's saying around 4K. I think that's where I'll start the offer.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Start the offer at $3500, then work your way up to $4000. :)

zero_chance

Reaction score
Kelley Blue book is right around 5 I beleive but average miles are around 90K. SO I think 4K would be a good price with the low miles but factoring in the cosmetic damage. Besides if shes that old what does she need all that money for...... ::)

veggiemike

Reaction score
My opinion is... get it. If she's wanting a little more than what you want to pay (but still less than 5k), give it to her. She's old, after all ;-)

Seriously, I'm new to all this... Got my '95 GT Convertible beginning of last summer, and I've had a blast sinking money into that car. Do it.

Robuilt

Reaction score
with low miles like that, i would not have a problem paying $5000......

i did some mini research on KBB.COM and it looks like that going price on a private seller for that car is
Condition Value

Excellent Condition
$4,660

Good Condition
$4,260

Fair Condition
$3,750

That should give you something to work with

OP
OP
M

Mr. B

Reaction score
Well 5K is what she wants for it. I didn't want to pay anymore than that so I guess I'm going to buy it. Tomorrow or Wednesday I'm going to pick it up. I'm happy with it though. I really wanted a 94-95 b/c of the 302, and having one that's never been wrecked or raced is pretty important to me. Cosmetically I can bring it back to life, so I'm not really worried about it. I'm just glad I'm about to have my first Stang.

OP
OP
M

Mr. B

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
well seems like you happy which is good, your gonna love it!

Ah Matt!

I've sent you emails and PM's through the site... did you ever get them. Your car is the one that made be really, REALLY, want this bodystyle. Your car with those wheels and that stance is the best looking sn95 car I've ever seen! With a lot of work and a little luck, I hope to bring mine up to that level. Anything new with your car?

wytstang

Reaction score
I'd pay 5g's for a very low mile stang with an elderly lady driving it. Hell the motor isn't even broken in yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Staff online

Members online