Hood pin dillema

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have the Mr Gasket locking cylinderical style in my room but I have heard they do not actually hold the hood down they are for locking it only.

Now my question is ive been running my fibgreglass hood now for a year and havent had any problems (knock on wood) but my hood does wiggle at the sides at higher speeds.

So I want pins. I will KEEP MY STOCK LATCH, will these Mr. Gasket locking style help hold the hood down? I have heard of many ppls flying up but I dont know if they kept the stock latch. I would also be very anal about checking to make sure they are properly locked and hood is properly secured.

There is also the old school style like this:
http://www.cobranda.com/GetItemDetail.asp?ItemID=14595&CatID=651&DeptID=17

Anyone know if they make a similar one that will work on a modern stang? I just dont like the look of the FRPP style sticking up outa the hood with the cotter pin.

THANK YOU!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I dont know about actually holding it down but my 95 had hood pins in it when i bought it. Id take them off but then id have two holes in the hood so that wouldnt look too great. Hood pins give away a little stealthyness (but so does my idle from my cam i suppose :naughty: )

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know but its better then my hood flying up.

Ive been looking at these, check out the vid on their site I think they look good...opinions

They are expencive though...
product_series.jpg

abouthoodpins.jpg

http://www.hoodpins.com/
Their site with the video.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
They dont look too bad... but paying 125 for a set of hood pins is a little much. Id just get avg hoodpins and put the money you save towards other mods. but if ya like them and are willing to fork over the cash... why the hell not

Tattoogod

Reaction score
personally if you have a fiber hood,get pins,i had mine fly up on me at a very high speed ::) my pins came from eBay.costed me about 35 plus shipping,they looked like the pin's from gone in 60 seconds,with the wire and pin,and posts,they looked awesome,and the post were huge,they were not going to let go.and i ran those by them selves cause when my hood flew up it ripped my hood latch out :D.so yeah I'm a firm believer in pins with a fiberglass hood.

Tim

Spyder

Reaction score
Those other hood pins, the ones with the vid, are awesome. For $125, its a little steep. But look at your car Matt, would you rather have the same hoodpins everyone has, or something clean and unique like those other ones? Just my thoughts on it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Peter said:
no matt no fucking hood pins

Im with peter on this, hood pins are only for race cars............and the geeks who put them on their cars trying to look cool knowing they only have a 16 second car ::)

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hes not trying to look cool though i dont believe. yes they look awesome (which if your willin to put that cash-o-la down, go for it) but they are expensive. i say just get something simple that is functional and be safe in knowing that they work.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
hes not trying to look cool though i dont believe. yes they look awesome (which if your willin to put that cash-o-la down, go for it) but they are expensive. i say just get something simple that is functional and be safe in knowing that they work.

I wasn't implying that Matt was trying to look cool ::) its just tacky looking to me for a street car to have hood pins :dunno:

fawcett

Reaction score
its tough when form and function sometimes interrupts overall beauty but if i were you matt i'd go with those dino's. they do look a little big i am still partial to the pins like the FRPP's, but your car is pretty sick. those rims and body kit really make your car look special and high end. any further expensive exterior mods may not be needed for your car but they will definatly add to it.

hopefully someone will reply with a set of pins that fall somewhere inbetween the FRPP's that you dont like and those Dinos -then you can make your purchasing decision.

i have a saleen heat extractor hood on my 95gts, it looks killer especially because my cars' wingless but the hood does move (up and down in the middle) at high speeds. hood pins are on my list but i am afraid of installing them myself. i have seen some installed that look great-others where the pins are placed in odd spots that look trashy.
-fawcett

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well they do install were our rubber stoppers are stock. I think im going to hold off on hood pins and just hope for the best. I might rig somthing up though that will keep it down incase the stock latch fails.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online