hood pins

Suspect

Reaction score

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
best ones are FRPP style. THE ONLY ones I like the look of are those mr gasket, I bought them but then searched and read so many storys about ppls hoods flying up with them (id say at least 15 on forums) my best bud had them on his 90GT and his hood flew up, people tend to forget to lock (like my buddy) them and sometimes they fail but they deff by far look the best. I sold mine and im rocking no hood pins :eek:. I wanna find a way thats easy to secrure my hood down, im thinking some sort of wire or somthing.

Nater

Reaction score
I am testament to the hood flying open...if you see my car in person you will see the creases where the hood flew open on the previous owner...Hence why I have the pins from summit in now.... :noes:

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
where can i get the ford ones at? i cant find em. :dunno:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i think someone needs to invent the wire system you said or something i think hood pins look so nasty... :nonono:

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
usually get all my frpp stuf from gene evans, just cant find it on their site. couldnt find it on summits site either. so i guess ill have to go up there.
:fart:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like the look of pins but it is an issue with hoods flying up...i've been good so far but i make sure my hood is always latched. I think most of the hood accidents are due to owners not closing the hood all the way. I drop mine from about 2 feet in the air.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I don't like the look of pins but it is an issue with hoods flying up...i've been good so far but i make sure my hood is always latched. I think most of the hood accidents are due to owners not closing the hood all the way. I drop mine from about 2 feet in the air.

i about laid a guy out for doing stupid stuff like that to my car... :nonono: mine goes down till it connects the latch then gets a slight push down till it clicks then i try to pull it up to see if its latched...

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
i dont like em either. i just rather be safe then sorry.

just found the frpp pins on jegs for 42 buxs. :-\

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
DropTopPony said:

i about laid a guy out for doing stupid stuff like that to my car... :nonono: mine goes down till it connects the latch then gets a slight push down till it clicks then i try to pull it up to see if its latched...

My hood weighs about nothing so the only way to get it to latch is drop it high...i don't like to push on it because i don't want to make any spider cracks in the paint from my finger/hands pressing on it.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I'm not a big fan of hood pins either. I also drop my hood, otherwise it wont latch correctly.

gt96stang

Reaction score
Eh, I've got to drop my stock hood so it'll latch.. :dunno:

S

scarface

sounds like all of you need to adjust your hood catch...lol

I can set mine down gently, and latch it by pushing with my pinky finger.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
exactly its amazing what a little adjustment and some greese can get you...your scared from spider cracks from pushing down i think the vibrations ahd shock from dropping it would be 10 times worse

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I allways double check my hood is latched and keep an eye on the latch part on the fibreglass hood to make sure no rivits have came loose, if your smart and have a decent hood it shouldnt fly up.

CobraRed_96_GT

Reaction score

Werd, i hate people that try to do that to my hood

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online