Hood pins

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I removed the hood bump stops and drilled the holes out just enough for the pins to go through, dropped a nut through and held it with my finger. Then I took the pin with a nut on it, attached it to the bottom nut and then cranked down the top nut. I used tight rubber hose on the pins to replace the bump stop I removed. This location looks good to me, and it's easy because there's no measuring involved, everything is already there lined up perfect. Good luck

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
same thing for me except I don't like the look of traditional pin so I went with aerocatches.
6022581406830498-4db833e4c1.jpg

Sinned83

Reaction score
I like those [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION]! I think hood pins are fugly but they do serve a good purpose.

JKady

Reaction score
I'll 3rd the hogging out the holes for the hood bumpers. You can slip some heater hose over the pin to adjust the hood height after the fact. I recommend backing it up with a washer and putting loctite on the pins though, I had one of mine come loose on the freeway, could've been pretty ugly at 70+mph if the other side hadn't held.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put them in my car when I bought my cowl hood. I had the cowl hood come up on the freeway on my Ranger going 75mph, so pins were the first thing I did after I got the hood for the Mustang. I put the pins in the adjuster holes on the core support and I put poly end link bushings over the pins to act as a bumper.

riored4v

Reaction score
where's the best place to pick up a set of those black aerolatch style pins? My hood doesn't latch down super easy so I'm wanting a set to protect the hood/car/myself.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got mine off of ebay. Be sure to take note if your getting the top or bottom mount. The ones I used were bottom mount and again unless your going to fill any spots where the hole was too big there is not room for error. Top mounts are much easier and only stick up a little from the hood.

riored4v

Reaction score
I got mine off of ebay. Be sure to take note if your getting the top or bottom mount. The ones I used were bottom mount and again unless your going to fill any spots where the hole was too big there is not room for error. Top mounts are much easier and only stick up a little from the hood.

Thanks. The ones you have look really clean. Do you know which brand they were? most of the ones i've seen have all of the mounting screws visible.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they are still aerocatch they are just the flush version. It will be hard to tell by the pics which is which. The only difference it the mounting flange on the flush version are maybe 1/8" below the top where the button is.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...atch+flush.TRS0&_nkw=aerocatch+flush&_sacat=0

not sure if you saw on my drive page but I show how I installed them if you like the flush mounts. I made a pattern with my router, for my router. If you know how to use a router its not hard to make the pattern but I am not using it and could sent it to you.

https://driiive.com/ttocs/1994FordMustangGT/#!/timeline/2989

riored4v

Reaction score
Thanks for the links and info. Nice job with the install. Looks like I'll need to pick up a router since I'm doubting a jigsaw can make that perfect of a cut. Looks super clean without all the bolt holes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online