hood struts

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am going to get a set for the new hood and wanted to hear what brands people have and like, or do not like. Whats the news on these?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have and like my redline ones too but if i did it again I'd be tempted to try the no-drill ones so I didn't have to put holes in my hood and fenders. I'm not sure how well they work though, the redline ones perform flawlessly.

also the CTS-V thing in your sig is ****in hilarious.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have and like my redline ones too but if i did it again I'd be tempted to try the no-drill ones so I didn't have to put holes in my hood and fenders. I'm not sure how well they work though, the redline ones perform flawlessly.

also the CTS-V thing in your sig is ****in hilarious.

At this point I am not too afraid to put holes in the car. While I would prefer not to put them in my new carbon fiber hood my hood latches should be here any day now which will require cutting... So idunno.

Forgot I put that in my sig, but its funny because its true. Its not enough to say its fast as **** gotta be the fastest in the world(followed by very small writing).

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
well the redline ones require 2 holes in each fender and 3 rivets on each side of the hood. at least they used to back when I got my kit. The stock hood brackets they supply may not work on your aftermarket hood without modification, i had to grind down the tips of mine to fit my R hood but they work just fine now.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
interesting and good to know. I am going with a cobra R 2000 hood so if anyone has a VIS cobra R and struts that can help?

Suspect

Reaction score
+1 for the redline. like em, but didnt like drilling into my new hood. I thought ive seen a set where it bolts into the stock hinges..

joekd

Reaction score
I had the no drill ones on my 00 GT and redline tuning on my 96, go redline, much better product and the holes you drill are tiny

The redline installed product looks much cleaner and works great

joekd

Reaction score
Wait for a holiday sale at AM or CJ's, with memorial day then July 4th you will be sure to find a good deal

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I have MMD's hood struts, come black in color. Looks like the factory installed it, very easy install and makes for a much cleaner appearance. Oh and it makes working under the hood that much easier.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
in case anyone has been looking am muscle has them on sale for $70 including shipping which was the best price I could find.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I put MRT hood struts on my red cobra. No drilling and look great. Good-bye prop rod.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not worried about drilling I will just use my rivnut tool so I can make them removable with machine screws.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online