Horn honks during turning

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well DUH......................

stop turning!!!!!!

I would start there or just on the ignition wiring going to it all.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
may just be a loose wire making contact in there.

pop off you airbag panel and have a look.

side note....that would suuuuuuck so bad though lmao!!!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a horn going off at unexpected times is never a good thing. Unless its going off because someone wired in a keyless entry remote to honk it, and they keep hitting the button. :eek:

Did I, or another disgruntled car audio installer work on your car recently? :cool:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
we had a salesman at one shop buy a cd changer and didn't want too or could not install it himself and didn't want to pay us to do it and of course wanted it during shop time. It was slow that day and I had a little extra time, and an extra keyless entry left in the bay so I wired one button to honk the horn, the other to open his sunroof. I Followed him home that night and he thought a mom in a minivan was going to get out and kick his ass after I happened again at the next light. He was not sure what was up with the horn but when the sunroof opened on his own he started to put it all together. Not sure if that one of the time I wired an alarm siren into another guys tail lights is my fav trick I got to do, they were both good for a really good giggle but the lesson here is don't piss off the installer and/or give him your car on a slow day.

OP
OP
Z

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
Ya I felt like a dick driving around until I could stop and pull the relay lol! LMAO at the installer stories. I did pick up a new clock spring (thanks for the link, I was looking at that the other day).

Opinion needed: My car has the saddle/black interior. I picked up a CLEAN black leather wheel because my tan one is trashed and weathered. Would it look ok to have a black wheel and column with all the tan? I have black carpet and mats so its not totally stock inside.

OP
OP
Z

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
I've got some extra Saddle dye, maybe i can tape off the surround and just paint the center portion. I already have a cheap parts store cover on my current wheel and hate it but the black doesnt look too bad.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Most likely a clock spring. I had the one in my 96 go bad and the horn would do the same thing. Minutes later it wouldn't stop going off. Tore the clock spring off and opened it up to find a mess of twisted and broken wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online