horrible thing happened today

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
so I was driving on the way to school on the highway and there was this metal box looking thing in the road and I couldn’t switch lanes cuz there was a huge tractor trailer beside me, then the wall on the other side and I couldn’t lock it up cuz 1. I would of gotten rear ended and still gone over this thing or 2. I woulda hit the wall, got rear ended and still hit this thing….

So I hit it, its small enough to go under my car but large enough to make it feel like the front tires came off the ground…. After that it starts sounding really weird and all cuz I hit it. I get to school and look under and from what I can see it shoved a sway bar up into my tranny *I can only see so much cuz its lowered* and my downpipes from my headers all the way back are scratched up…im going to take a futher look when i got home... what all you think i fucked up??? insurance wont cover this will it? can i do anything??

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sucks to hear that bro. But what did it sound like? MOre specific!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
well obviously your gonna need a new sway bar, hows your oil pan and stuff? did it do anything to that?

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
well obviously your gonna need a new sway bar, hows your oil pan and stuff? did it do anything to that?

the "sway bar" i found out was my crossmember, the oil pan got dented upwards, i think i broke an exhaust flange because i have a bad exhaust leak now.....

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
as of right now thats all i know, im going to take it to a local muffler shop and see if they can lift my car up so i can see what all happened and get them to fix my exhaust

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
sounds good, let us know what you find! pics would be cool too!

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Damn man i'm sorry this had to happen to ya i know it must suck, for future reference slam the brakes, having a good reason to slow down, if someone
did hit you in the rear it would be their fault for not allowing enough room to stop if there were an emergency, that law is prime in all 50 states and their
insurance if they even did hit you would have to pay for your car repairs.

Again sorry to hear about this man, i hope everything works out for ya. :drunk:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
how bad is the oil pan damage? hopefully not too bad that you damaged the oil pump pickup tube.

ripper

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing DTP. You better check that . No oil flow and scratch one motor.

Hicks

Reaction score
ugh,,,, that does suck man... :dunno:
Hope it comes out alright

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
scarface said:
INSURANCE CLAIM

how you figure??? my dad said insurance wouldnt cover it and all my friends said it would be rare if they did

I would imagine there being a "structural damage" claim. :dunno:

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
Might not be worth telling the insurance if the damage is just a little over your deductable.. IF SOMEONE KEYED YOUR CAR then you would come up pretty well and it would be worth the deductable

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Quick96Mystic said:
Might not be worth telling the insurance if the damage is just a little over your deductable.. IF SOMEONE KEYED YOUR CAR then you would come up pretty well and it would be worth the deductable

yeah well im pretty much for sure that my tranny is like seriously letting out.
i took my buddy steven for a ride yesterday *hes like my personal mechanic/best friend* and everything something happened he was like thats the tranny lol.
im thinking about getting a parts car and just swapping stuff then selling the rest of it.

anyone know where i can get a decent parts car or a wrecked car? not trying to spend but like maybe 1500ish
has to have a 5 speed in it, has to be a 96-98 GT interior needs to be either ALL Black or black/grey two tone

S

scarface

my96gtstang said:
scarface said:
INSURANCE CLAIM

how you figure??? my dad said insurance wouldnt cover it and all my friends said it would be rare if they did
why wouldnt your insurance cover an accident? If you hit a mattress on the highway it would cover it...same thing. THats why there is ROAD HAZARD coverage in your comprehensive and collision....no if you just have liability coverage you couldnt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online