horrible thing happened today

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
true..... i guess thats a good way to think about it.... i wonder if i will be able to get a new tranny. it has 130xxx miles on it and it looked like the sway bar cracked the bottom of the tranny, i dont care if they give me a stock auto tranny again, id take it

Again . . . read my previous post carefully . . .

TRUUBLE said:
You need to take the car to a good shop that will give you the right estimate to make sure everything gets fixed right.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
i know the right place. DTP

Okay . . . if you are reading between the lines, you can figure out a way to come out ahead on this thing. It's not so much the right "place" as it is the right "estimate"

lrall

Reaction score
man, you gotta learn the joys of insurance. since hes hinting at it, ill say it. Go find the most expensive shop and get an estimate lol, that way you KNOW youll have the cash to get 'er done. Hopefully you have good insurance. its even better when its someone elses fault haha

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
truuble do you have AIM instant messenger???

or

is there someone who knows alot about this stuff who does and can talk to me?

I have state farm and a friend of mine said that i have to pay mine and that state farm is really weird

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
brb, gonna go total car so I can get a new one

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok so i went to a couple local muffler shops and they kept giving me a price of $200.00 and i thought that was kinda high to fix a exhaust flange and we align the exhaust tips.

so beside one of the muffler shops was AAMCO transmissions. i stopped in to ask how much it costed to change my tranny fluid and refill it. they said 150.
so he takes my car for a test drive and then brings it and lifts it up. they notice the dented oil pan and the broken flange and all that. they start givin me a hard time then they bullshit with me cuz i was about to get heated but they were just playing. so then hes like that why you were next door at the muffler shop. i was like yeah, he asked if they were gunna fix it i said no im not taking it there, they want to much. he said how much they ask? i said 200. he said ok. so then
they did the tranny oil chance, new filter, pulled the brace bar outta my bell housing *it cracked a hole into it but didnt mess anything up, he said keep an eye on it but should be fine* fixed the flange *the best he could* realigned the exhaust and tightened it all up and gave me a new oil pan. the only thing he charged me for was the tranny service. everything else was free. i think i still have a slight SLIGHT leak but nothing serious. might just be me. it seems fine. runs alot smoother, still hesitates but thats the tranny being OLD *130,xxx miles on it* but overall 150 for all that!!! thats so awesome.

oh yeah and i got pulled over the other night for street racing. i didnt get a ticket!! he guy was like so i bet you wouldnt have done that if you knew i was behind you would you. i said no officer. he was like he said something to you and you had to show him what you had? i said something like that. then dispatch called in some crazy incident and he was like well todays your lucky day, this is more important and we are short handed so ima let you go. he said dont do it again, take it to the track. i shook his hand, said thanks officer i wont do it again and left. the guy i was racing was my best friend's rsx-s. he droped gears when he saw the blue lights and i slowed down so id get the ticket. but lucky me i didnt, i met back up and then the rest of the night was fun! lol

94Vert

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
Ok so i went to a couple local muffler shops and they kept giving me a price of $200.00 and i thought that was kinda high to fix a exhaust flange and we align the exhaust tips.

so beside one of the muffler shops was AAMCO transmissions. i stopped in to ask how much it costed to change my tranny fluid and refill it. they said 150.
so he takes my car for a test drive and then brings it and lifts it up. they notice the dented oil pan and the broken flange and all that. they start givin me a hard time then they bullshit with me cuz i was about to get heated but they were just playing. so then hes like that why you were next door at the muffler shop. i was like yeah, he asked if they were gunna fix it i said no im not taking it there, they want to much. he said how much they ask? i said 200. he said ok. so then
they did the tranny oil chance, new filter, pulled the brace bar outta my bell housing *it cracked a hole into it but didnt mess anything up, he said keep an eye on it but should be fine* fixed the flange *the best he could* realigned the exhaust and tightened it all up and gave me a new oil pan. the only thing he charged me for was the tranny service. everything else was free. i think i still have a slight SLIGHT leak but nothing serious. might just be me. it seems fine. runs alot smoother, still hesitates but thats the tranny being OLD *130,xxx miles on it* but overall 150 for all that!!! thats so awesome.

oh yeah and i got pulled over the other night for street racing. i didnt get a ticket!! he guy was like so i bet you wouldnt have done that if you knew i was behind you would you. i said no officer. he was like he said something to you and you had to show him what you had? i said something like that. then dispatch called in some crazy incident and he was like well todays your lucky day, this is more important and we are short handed so ima let you go. he said dont do it again, take it to the track. i shook his hand, said thanks officer i wont do it again and left. the guy i was racing was my best friend's rsx-s. he droped gears when he saw the blue lights and i slowed down so id get the ticket. but lucky me i didnt, i met back up and then the rest of the night was fun! lol

Normally your better off fixing it yourself. If you turn a claim in your insurance will go up. Especaily if you have gotten a ticket recently they will check your history and it will come up and it will go up even more. unless the damage is more than 2k your better off paying for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online