Hot Rod Power Wheels Mustang!!!

aces ST

Reaction score
LOL to the video. My oldest two (they have the power wheels mustangs) were watching intently and asking if I could that to theirs.

and I will still rock my GS stripes proudly (haha)

Sinned83

Reaction score
Lol that thing rips. my daughter has the Barbie mustang my boy wants the raptor...

RichV

Reaction score
LOL @ 4:45! Even your kid knows it!!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes @ the stripes!

This is sweet!
Does she have any plans for another engine swap? Gas maybe?

I had the bat mobile as a kid. Was sweet except it only went down the drive way once and the battery died :(

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Yes @ the stripes!
This is sweet!
Does she have any plans for another engine swap? Gas maybe?
I had the bat mobile as a kid. Was sweet except it only went down the drive way once and the battery died :(

She loves the new power!
Her tires are almost completely smooth now in just 2 days! LOL!
Time to put some real rubber on them next!

I am thinking the next mod will be a "turbo" button on the steering wheel.
I'll hook it up to a relay and add another 12 volt battery.
This way when she's riding on 18 volts (and let's just say she's losing her next street race), then she can jam the Turbo button down and then WHAMMO!!! Car changes to 24 volts!!! Haha!
When button is released, it would go back to 18 volts.

Think that would be cool?

Ryan

RichV

Reaction score
After the 24v abuse you'll be doing a engine swap. :)

Kinda like nitrous abuse.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Lmao.. Only you Ryan would come up with that.. Lmao.. And that is beyond sweet..!!! Eva has one.. The only thing I was going to do it paint it white.. But now I'm not so sure..:) cool idea.. Think I will wait til she gets older.. She's only 4 :)
mede8e5y.jpg

By the way.. Did I miss something? Where is the Red saleen?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That was pure awesome. I love all the lighting you did on the car... so cool!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you upgrade the wiring or just the battery? The wiring that was shown didn't look too thick and I would not be surprised if it feels warm when she is done riding it.

joser714

Reaction score
did you upgrade the wiring or just the battery? The wiring that was shown didn't look too thick and I would not be surprised if it feels warm when she is done riding it.

So what your saying is just drop an 18v battery and it will go faster :rolleyes:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
So what your saying is just drop an 18v battery and it will go faster :rolleyes:
as long as the motor control and motor, and the wiring can handle it then sure. My concern though is that the wiring looked pretty small already and I am willing to bet it gets warm/hot towards the end of the ride. It could be a problem to get hot enough to melt something/catch fire.

joser714

Reaction score
Oh ok and it looks like it might void warranty too. I was going to get the boss or raptor for my daughter and thought this was a good idea

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Videos never disappoint. 

Haha. Thanks Duane!

Lmao.. Only you Ryan would come up with that.. Lmao.. And that is beyond sweet..!!! Eva has one.. The only thing I was going to do it paint it white.. But now I'm not so sure..:) cool idea.. Think I will wait til she gets older.. She's only 4 :)
mede8e5y.jpg

By the way.. Did I miss something? Where is the Red saleen?

I actually sold the red 2002 Saleen end of 2013. I replaced it with a 2002 Explorer XLT (black) and then replaced that with a 2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer. I then sold it also! Haha!
Now I've got my old stand-by 1998 Ford F150 that my dad bought new in 1998. I've owned it since 2004.
It's got 341,000 miles on it with the original engine! Regular Valvoline oil changes for the win!!! Haha!

Pic of my 02 Explorer after I modded of course -

Explorer12-1-2013_zps2351431f.jpg

Pic of my 04 Explorer after modded of course -

IMG_0120_zps7cc71023.jpg

Video of the Eddie Bauer !!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBIZOr5oXXs

That was pure awesome. I love all the lighting you did on the car... so cool!

Thanks! I wanted it to be functional at night.
My kid loves it! Now when it gets dark, she doesn't have to stop riding!! Haha!

Oh ok and it looks like it might void warranty too. I was going to get the boss or raptor for my daughter and thought this was a good idea

Actually that is the factory wiring. The wiring from the 12 volt down to the 6 volt (mounted behind the front bumper) is a factory Power Wheels adapter harness.
Up to 18 volts, this wiring size is just fine. However any higher voltage, and a wiring upgrade to 10 gauge is necessary.
No heat-related issues on the wires, even after my kid drives the batteries to almost dead.

And yes, any wiring mods you do will void the factory warranty. But hey, who cares anyway!!! Haha!

That's awesome, she's so cute!! Great dad :)
your daughter has a mustang thats far better than mine. just sayin'....

Haha! Thanks guys. I try to give her stuff that I never had.
Plus she enjoys going to car shows and actually riding (fast) in my ttsaleen.
I mean, I need her to have cool stories to tell at school about her dad! I need to ride my "famous" status until she at least graduates!!!! LOL!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online