How can I raise my mustang?

A_+

Reaction score
I purchased this car this way. Long story short, I need to raise it up a bit, at least till I get a few extra dollars to replace my struts or lowering springs. What can I do? I don't think different isolators will do the trick, right? Is there something I can do without having to remove the springs?

lutter94

Reaction score
Whats your budget? A set of used springs on CL is too much? I paid $60 for my B springs..... Idk how you can raise your car without removing springs, unless you have adjustable ride height control arms......

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What was done to lower it to where it is in the first place?

kb1982

Reaction score
Cheapest way will be coil spring spacers. You can get the metal or rubber type.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
The car came with some lowering springs that were too damn low. I called the manufacture but they couldn't tell me how low or what rate they are. I believe they have been putting a lot strain on my struts causing them to compress even more. To make it worse, my mid pipe hangs a little low so it scrapes anytime I hit a bump. Do coil spring spacers require me to remove the spring or is it something I can just wedge into the spring to raise it up a little?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What Springs do you have?
What struts do you have?

To my knowledge I don't know of anything you can just wedge in and fix your car. You'll probably have to take things apart.

Is your strut blown? Or is there anything other issues. It sounds like something is wrong and not just too low of a spring. I don't think any spring on the market will do what you are explaining.

I guess you could replace everything with factory components for now? Should be cheap and easy to find.

kb1982

Reaction score
Do coil spring spacers require me to remove the spring or is it something I can just wedge into the spring to raise it up a little?

There are a few di9fferent types. Some wedge in between the coils, some are made to sit on top of or below the spring. Some are rubber, some are metal. It depends on what you want, but most parts stores will have a combination of both. Just search for them on the net and you can get an idea of what they look like before going to the "Zone"

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can use the coil spring spacers that were mentioned. Keeps the spring from compressing, you do not have to remove the springs to install them. But they are a hack, and maybe give slightly unpredictable handling depending on where you stick them in the coils.

Your best bet will be to pick up some used springs somewhere that have only about an ~1 of a drop (like H&R Races, I think) - or if you don't care about drop then maybe hit up a salvage yard for some stock springs. If you absolutely do not want to dick around with springs then use the coil spacers (or get a buddy that doesn't mind dicking around with springs and buy him a couple beers to swap them out for you).

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Do you need it like this

38365910cc67afc4523fb1da5d907719.jpg

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, the super-popular, always-sold-out-because-vendors-can't-keep-it-stocked Mustang SN95 lift kit. Very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online