How cold is your AC????

bigslim00

Reaction score
I have a 95 gt that I have been fixing up for the last year now and I was wondering if your AC gets really cold. I live in south ga and for the most part of the summer it's mid 90s everyday. I have found and fixed leaks on my AC but at these temps it barely gets cool. It does well at about 85 and below but anything above that is murder. I'm trying to find out if it's the car(being a 95 and all) or should I start replacing my compressor, dryer and liquid line. The car has 138,000. Help me out here I hate to let it sit during these summer days.

Royal96

Reaction score
Mine used to blow really cold, but now it just blows coldish air. I don't use A/C enough to justify letting someone else touch the car.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Your ac should be about 30-40 degrees cooler than the ambient temperature. Does your compressor cycle on and off constantly? Could be low refrigerant. Do yourself a favor and get s set of manifold gauges, theyll help you out tremendously.

I had my evaporator core get a leak in my 07 and was quoted 1200 bucks to fix it. My buddy does ac and told me to get manifold gauges and he helped me replace the evaporator core and refill my refrigerant for about 150 all together. Moral of the story, ac isnt hard to do and is grossly overcharged.

OP
OP
B

bigslim00

Reaction score
Ordered some gauges last week. Should be here in a couple of days.

87hurricane

Reaction score
My car has 198k on it right now. With a properly charged A/c system it gets ice cold inside, even in 95+ temps. Gauges can help you diagnose the problem, but they won't help you charge it. I'd probably consider paying someone with the proper tools to check for leaks and do an evac and recharge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx