How do i get the radio/CD player decks out?

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
OK i'm replacing my A/C panel and need to know how to get the trim piece off so i can access the panel to replace it.

Are their any tricks to taking the radio and CD player so i can get the trim piece off? I know you have to have a tool to put into the 4 holes, just didn't know if theirs an "at home" method?

Thanks

The Green GT

Reaction score
Ive never taken it out with a stock radio, but there is a long arm on the back side of the bezel with a torx head on it holding it in the dash. Once you get that off, it should pull out if the radio is out.

OP
OP
Y

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
The Green GT said:
Ive never taken it out with a stock radio, but there is a long arm on the back side of the bezel with a torx head on it holding it in the dash. Once you get that off, it should pull out if the radio is out.

yeah i know how to get the a/c panel out..............just can't get the radio and CD out........only thing thats holding me up :mad:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
you need to get a coat hanger or something skinny and bend it like a "U" and put them in the 2 holes on each side and pull it out

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Or go to your local autoparts store and spend 5 bucks and get the tool to do it...... O0

94twinscrew

Reaction score
...and once the U's are in,to pull the unit out you have to pull towards you,along with a steady outward pressure on the tools.

GDawg

Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
I coat hanger works just as good. Good luck!!

You guys still have wire coat hangers...? :D

All mine are plastic and different colors...! ;D Times are changing.

If you have a wire coat hanger you can just cut off a small piece and bend it into a "U" shape. And that will work.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
you need to get a coat hanger or something skinny and bend it like a "U" and put them in the 2 holes on each side and pull it out
Thats what I did. Push them in and pull on the radio at the same time.

OP
OP
Y

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
Thanks for the help....i went to Walmart and picked up the tool for $4

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GDawg said:
1STOF3 said:
I coat hanger works just as good. Good luck!!

You guys still have wire coat hangers...? :D

All mine are plastic and different colors...! ;D Times are changing.

If you have a wire coat hanger you can just cut off a small piece and bend it into a "U" shape. And that will work.

my clothes from the dry cleaner come back on wire hangers so i usually have a few in the closet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.