how do your solid motor mounts feel?

tommybunz

Reaction score
for those who have a 351w or 302 with solid motor mounts how do they feel on the street?

S

scarface

they make your car feel like you are sitting in a blender. I had them on my 82 V8 stang.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I have them in my 94 vert - you definitely know they're there.

9psi 98

Reaction score
I had solid motor and tranny mounts in my 88GT. You know that they are definitely there and they aren't worth it if you are still running the streets. If you want to get rid of your sloppy rubber mounts, replace them with some sort of poly mount, I wouldn't recommend going with solid ones.

TripleBlack

Reaction score
i have ploy mount and love them, they are strong and not "blender" like

9psi 98

Reaction score
TripleBlack said:
i have ploy mount and love them, they are strong and not "blender" like

That's what I ended up doing, selling the solid mounts to a friend and bought poly mounts. Just to reinforce my point that solid mounts suck, my friend sold them after having them in a few weeks to another friend of his and then he bought poly mounts too...

Reaction score
Poly mounts here as well. There is a little more vibration at idle than with the stockers, though I am happy with overall performance.

9psi 98

Reaction score
351, 281, 302, Moped, Chainsaw...anything really. No matter what you put solid mounts in you are going to feel 100% of the vibration. They are designed to remove all of the slack in the drivetrain when under a heavy load or WOT, but unless you have a 100% track car, I'd go poly. You can always go solid, just make sure that you buy a good set of tools and some lock-tite for when you have to re-tighten everything on your car every few months.... :nonono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online