How far to lower?

TheLynchMob

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum and hoping someone can help.

I just bought a 94 GT Convertible a few weeks ago that's had a LOT done to it....still trying to figure out exactly what I'm working with. One thing I know is I want bigger wheels, but the car has been lowered a ton, not sure how much. I want to raise it back up some, just not sure if I want to go stock height or not.

It would help if I knew how low it was not....so can anyone with a stock height with stock tire size GT measure from the ground to bottom of the fender in the middle of the wheel please? That way I can see what I'm working with.

Above118

Reaction score
i can almost 100% say you wont want it stock height. they tend to look like 4x4 suspension. what size wheels/tires are you looking to run? That would give a better idea of how low you might be able to go. Depending on rubbing ect.

OP
OP
T

TheLynchMob

Reaction score
Well, on all my cars I don't like to be like everyone else, so I want 20's.....will go with 19's if needed. I know the wheels I want. I figured if it was stock height I would go with a taller tire to fill up the gap.

But it's my daily driver now, and scrapes on most little dips, speed bumps, etc. It's too low now, running stock height tires there is virtually no wheel gap.

lutter94

Reaction score
For future reference, copy photo link location, then insert it into your comment here.

12957502_10209297366529927_7578374349053813255_o.jpg

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Probably lowered just under 2.5" tbh. I'm lowered close to 3 on 18s and I tuck my wheels. I'd recommend a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs. That'll be a 1.5" drop, perfect for a daily. You'd have a lot more clearance with those springs. And btw, Ice Cube's LynchMob? If so, +1 for the username haha.

OP
OP
T

TheLynchMob

Reaction score
Thanks for the info....2.5" if that's the case is too low. Eibach is expensive, and heard they ride bought....how ar the SR Performance? They are a 1.5" also. Or the Ford Racing C Springs....they are less than 1.5".

Also, thanks for the pic info...I was trying to figure that out. lol And my user name? Been using it for many years for games and such....comes from my last name, and having a family (a mob) haha

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so do you like donk style with the 4x4 and massive wheels... or more like [MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION] vr1? (slammed on big wheels)

Please don't donk...
I think your height is perfect as is.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Gotcha. Ford B or C springs ride nicely, not harsh. I had B springs before I put coilovers on.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
I mean, it's not terrible. But too much going on. I'd rather have just the black paint on the hood then the pinstripe. But in reality, I'd have the hood one color and the stripe gone.

Tha trap house.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Can someone please still measure for me so I know what I'm working with?

I just got a stock height Cobra vert. I will attempt to measure it when I get home from work.

I had Eibach pro kit springs on my coupe and wasn't crazy about the ride.

I am putting H&R super sport spring on the Cobra with upper poly iso's in front and rear.

OP
OP
T

TheLynchMob

Reaction score
Thanks. Measuring would be great, as another member thinks 2.5" drop is what I have (seems about right)...but if it's not that much and I order new springs to raise it and find out they don't I'd be pissed at myself. HAHA

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
So my stock height 97 cobra with 25" tall tires measure 28 3/4" in the front and 28" in the rear. Man, I need to get this thing lowered...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online