How far to lower?

OP
OP
T

TheLynchMob

Reaction score
So my stock height 97 cobra with 25" tall tires measure 28 3/4" in the front and 28" in the rear. Man, I need to get this thing lowered...

I just measured mine, 25 1/2" front, 26 1/2" rear.

Your 98 GT....how lowered is it, 1.5"? If so measurements on it? The 2.5" drop someone thought mine was seems right on the front...but the back doesn't, but the car sits level. Weird.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i wouldn't bother doing any lowering until you get your wheel sizes figured out and actually on the car with tires. i ran lowering springs a couple times but knew i'd end up cutting a coil or 2 to get me where i want. best thing to do is buy coilovers or an air suspension honestly. that will allow you to run a 20 and dial in the ride height just right with no guessing.

OP
OP
T

TheLynchMob

Reaction score
i wouldn't bother doing any lowering until you get your wheel sizes figured out and actually on the car with tires. i ran lowering springs a couple times but knew i'd end up cutting a coil or 2 to get me where i want. best thing to do is buy coilovers or an air suspension honestly. that will allow you to run a 20 and dial in the ride height just right with no guessing.

Wheels first is definitely the way I'd like to go normally, but I gotta raise it just to fit what I want....it's lowered too much now. I don't want to take the time and money to raise back to stock to just lower it again.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I just measured mine, 25 1/2" front, 26 1/2" rear.

Your 98 GT....how lowered is it, 1.5"? If so measurements on it? The 2.5" drop someone thought mine was seems right on the front...but the back doesn't, but the car sits level. Weird.

You must scrape the X brace all the time. I can't live with a car that low but I love how it looks.
I never measured the GT and now the suspension is blown apart to put on the Cobra. I will be using H&R super sport springs instead of the Pro kit springs. I'll use poly isolators upper and lower in the rear and upper in the front with 25 inch tall tires.

On the GT I only had upper poly iso's in the front and none in the rear. I used to scrape the subframe connectors and cats on speed bumps...

I like the Lace wheels, They should look great on your car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online