How fast can this car be?

snoball

Reaction score
I got called out by a guy ive never met, talked to, or anything but hes seen my car :comando: and heard from people about it. Anyways he wont tell anyone what he has on it, but people have told me he said he put like 2 grand in it. Now i know that dont mean anything cuz people dump money on alotta things. I know the car isnt supercharged, doesnt have ported heads, and most likely no p.i. conversion. How fast can it be? There was a supercharged 97 running around here with no p.i. anything and it ran like low 13s on a very lucky day. Wiht my mods i think even with a little work my car should take him. I have raced a 98 before that i dunno whats done to (highway) and i put a couple buses on him?

Edit.. ITs a 98 Mustang GT

S

scarface

Im not really sure Ive heard most bolt ons will get them in the full PI swap range.

On another note, dont count out the non pi stangs w/ FI. I have a 97 gt. I do run a PI intake, I am also FI. I am just a few ponys shy of 400 RWHP.

281powered

Reaction score
so your saying he has a 98GT with no pi stuff but a couple grand into the car? if so i'd guess he isn't running any faster than low 14's but probably more like mid 14's :santa_undecided:

OP
OP
S

snoball

Reaction score
Im just going by word of mouth. Im assuimg he doesnt have pi heads though. Yeah the car we know was right about 400 to the wheels with fi and still ran crappy cuz when he got to the top end of the track he had nothing?

S

scarface

I wonder why? I dont quit making power. I actually run out of Valve spring before I eun out of power...

Edit: NM, Im a retard. I have cams and the PI intake. Thats my topend power.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
800 bucks of that " couple grand " could be a NOS kit with a 125 shot :santa_sad: and that would be faster than a 14 ( with a good driver of course )

STNG_96

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
800 bucks of that " couple grand " could be a NOS kit with a 125 shot :santa_sad: and that would be faster than a 14 ( with a good driver of course )

I completely agree, he could have a well developed nitrous system on there, along with some gears and some good suspension goodies to make it stick. 2000 is plenty of money to let someone who is smart make a pretty peppy non pi.

281powered

Reaction score
well of course he could have spend the couple grand wisely on good parts and combination but i'm betting he's some goof wannabe car guy that spent his minum wage paycheck on a CAI , exhuast and shifter etc. and just goes around calling people out and bragging to them he spent a couple thousand on his car when he's probably spent more like a few hundred. he obviously doesn't know what he's doing if he acting like hot shit over a few grand when thats really nothing to drop into a car especially a fast one and if he did spend a crap load of it on a big shot of the silly gas don't worry he'll probably blow all the plastic pieaces apart from under the hood, just race him a few time in a row and teh win goes to Snoball :banana: :banana:

OP
OP
S

snoball

Reaction score
Well he does for for Imos. So its close to minium wage. And if he did have a shot and sprayed, and what 281 happened id just laugh and keep going.

STNG_96

Reaction score
WEll, i was just throwing in my two cents. It could go either way, he could either be stupid and think he has a quick car, or he could be smart and know he has a quick car. I'd probably just throw down a little green and see if he starts to sweat :thumb:

OP
OP
S

snoball

Reaction score
thatd work if i had any $... lol Insurance payment owns me..

G

GREG@SN95

he has a $2,000 rocket bolted on the roof... and he completely gutted the interior...

he can do the quarter mile in half a second...

but he can't stop

ALITL8

Reaction score
RACE, RACE, RACE!!!! i love 5.0/4.6 battles!!!

jpajkos

Reaction score
IM sorry but acouple grand best case senario he would have to have bolt ons and NOS. I mean you can get headers, mid pipe, cat back, CAI, Pullies, Throttle Body, PLenum, MAF and easily be at acouple grand. Mods aren't cheap. Now he could have put some NPI cams in it as well or could have a few bolt ons and NOS. Maybe some sticky tires but acouple grand can easily add up. Specially if he has suspension mods as well. I say run the dick head and give him hell.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy with drag suspension, full exhaust w LT's and a 100shot of juice on his completely stock Non PI engine and he is just barely in the high 13's...Until that intake and cams are thrown in the trash they are almost impossible to make fast.

ALITL8

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
IM sorry but acouple grand best case senario he would have to have bolt ons and NOS. I mean you can get headers, mid pipe, cat back, CAI, Pullies, Throttle Body, PLenum, MAF and easily be at acouple grand. Mods aren't cheap. Now he could have put some NPI cams in it as well or could have a few bolt ons and NOS. Maybe some sticky tires but acouple grand can easily add up. Specially if he has suspension mods as well. I say run the dick head and give him hell.

that all depends on what kind of deals he's getting on his parts/labor. cash wise, i might have a few hundred in mine so far... i traded out details for the rest. that said, RACE!!!!

oh yea... if youre curious, i paid cash for my gears (and install), my K&N and the shifter. the rest was in trade :santa_grin:

jpajkos

Reaction score
I don't care what kind of deal he's getting for 2 grand he better have NOS is he's fast. I say run him. Video tape it and enjoy victory lane later.

ALITL8

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
I don't care what kind of deal he's getting for 2 grand he better have NOS is he's fast. I say run him. Video tape it and enjoy victory lane later.

thats what im saying, for 2 grand, if spent right on the right parts he might be pretty quick. hell, he might not be too... RACE!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online