How in the world do I adjust this clutch cable? (stock quadrant, not adjustable cable

thetruegears

Reaction score
So I just reinstalled this clutch cable for the third time and its still not right. I pulled up on the pedal and it did its self adjustment but didnt do it right.
Its very hard to put into gear so id assume the clutch isnt completely disengaging. Apparently theres some way to do it by the quadrant but I cant figure it out for the life of me

Theres also a very loud screech when I push in on the clutch pedal at first, If I press it a few more times it goes away

OP
OP
T

thetruegears

Reaction score
Oh god somebody help I need to go pick up a girl, and it needs to be in my stang

Mnstrstang

Reaction score
If u climb under ur dash pull the clutch pedal up(so its at it's highest point) and push the forward part of the quadrant up it should ratchet and change the adjustment. Used to do this on the side of the rd bc my factory self adjusting quadrant went bad.

OP
OP
T

thetruegears

Reaction score
Well I just tried that, and now when I push on the pedal it just pops and goes to the floor, wtf?

Mnstrstang

Reaction score
The spring on the clutch or the ratchet adjuster is probably toast then. My spring was weak causing it not to adjust on my car. My bad I could be anymore help best bet is replace the quadrant and cable and borrow someone's car to pick up ur girl.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
go to steeda's website and get their clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster kit and get someone to help you put it on. Your adjuster is toast man.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have the fiore quadrant and firewall adjuster and a stock cable. If I had to do it all again, I would do that still, but I would order the cable from maximum motorsports because its already modified to fit into a firewall adjuster.

You can drive without a clutch if your a pro, just shut the car off at stop lights, push the clutch in (so the safety switch engages) bump the starter while its in gear to get rolling and go ha!

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
If the b*tch needs to be picked up in a Mustang, she ain't worth keeping. My first date with my GF was in my Escape, she didn't care lol. Can't say having my car out though hasn't made for some interesting things though ;)

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I have the fiore quadrant and firewall adjuster and a stock cable. If I had to do it all again, I would do that still, but I would order the cable from maximum motorsports because its already modified to fit into a firewall adjuster.

You can drive without a clutch if your a pro, just shut the car off at stop lights, push the clutch in (so the safety switch engages) bump the starter while its in gear to get rolling and go ha!
Any video of this? I get everything expect "bump the starter" How would you do that????

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well, I can't do that because my clutch works haha. but, if your cable is snapped, procedue is as follows:

1. Shut the car off in neutral and roll to a stop.
2. Put the car in gear
3. Push left foot to the floor on the clutch to trip the dummy switch (it won't engage the clutch, but will allow the starter to run)
4. When the light turns green, go to start the car, it will move forward from the power of the starter.

This is not the best thing in the world to do, but in a pinch, it can get you from whereever you are stuck, home, if you don't mind grinding a bit trying to rev match driving without a clutch lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online