How loud are "The Packs"? Trying to get an idea.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ok honestly how loud are they? I've had them for about a week now and i dont think they are as loud as people say they are. Yes they are loud but not loud enough to go deaf (a bit of exaggeration).

i want to pair it up with a BBK O/R h-pipe that i picked up from some guy on craiglist. how would this be? I am trying to get an idea of the loudness and how it would sound. Deep? Raspy? Aggressive? Also i was thinking of getting the BBK shorty (not the equals) headers. I dont think shorty's do much sound difference do they?

which will be louder? And i dont plan on doing much to the 94, just CAI, TB, and a tune. And im 99% sure those upgrade wont change the tone of the exhaust.

Stock 94 gt 5 speed: 1-10
w/magnapack catback:1-10
w/ the packs and BBK O/R h pipe:1-10
w/ packs, O/R h pipe, and BBK unequal shorty headers: 1-10

my 72 (with a 302) is cammed with a 280* duration, 110 lobe separation custom grind, heads, 750 carb, etc etc, and its auto with FMX tranny: 1-10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7h9P3iYmsw

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
It will be much louder.
For a couple years I ran an o/r h in front of my pypes violator muffs. It wasn't loud at idle but when at WOT, WOW It could be heard from a mile away. seriously! It didn't sound that good either since the violators are flow through.
I went with a Bassani catted X to quiet it down some.

Wichers123

Reaction score
I run dyno max race bullets and o/r h pipe and it's not that loud. People tell me when I race them its stupid loud but it sounds good no popping or raspiness. X pipes pop a lot h pipes do not.

[video=youtube_share;ByPdup6DRx8]http://youtu.be/ByPdup6DRx8[/video]

Mustanger

Reaction score
I just installed the BBK off road H on my 94...and am loving it. I will be going back to the cats someday but for now they are fun! They about doubled the authoritative rumble at idle it is perfect now just what you want. When you fire the car up & give it a blip it is loud! but sounds good. Ripping through the gears from a stop is an experience everyone should have! My wife can hear me for blocks & blocks, as the RPM's build it barks louder & louder & is intimidating to other drivers I think...

I don't get a whole lot of crackling & popping on decel but I like what I do get. I don't consider it raspy but at the top end it is like a very rapid separation of the tones that sounds old school to me. I'll try & post a video soon. From inside it is difficult to talk at WOT...ok impossible! while cruising at lower RPM'S & not tipping into throttle is is very quiet...not what I expected & am glad for that. I'll be putting 800 miles or so on them this weekend & was a bit worried for my wife.

You cannot hang onto the throttle while taking off without attracting attention so short shifting & easy throttle when cops are around is in order and still may not be enough if they are in the mood...with the new gears (3:55's) it is easy to run 4th gear without lugging through town & it is just nice & mellow...go into the gas just a bit & it will attract attention 100% good from drivers so far. I am getting more thumbs up as I drive by or pass someone. If our county ever has smog inspections or starts cracking down on loud pipes I'll go back to a catted midpipe & be perfectly happy..right now I don't need to worry.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
haha, im really curious to hear how the O/R pipe sounds. Just havent had the time to do it :/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online