How Loud will it be?

Spencer96

Reaction score
I was just wanting to know how loud will my car be when I put a o/r x pipe with flowmaster cat back. Also if someone has this set up and if it sounds good or not. Thanks any help is needed.

OP
OP
S

Spencer96

Reaction score
Thanks man it sounds good to me. How much of a sound change will there be with a x pipe rather then a h pipe?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
from what i've heard and read, the x pipe might be a lil bit louder but its mostly just the type of sound. x pipes are said to be more raspy and h pipes are said to be deeper and throaty.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
the x pipes are higher pitched and the h pipes have the deeper sound. It's like an indy car to an old school muscle car.

People say that x pipes sound better with straight thru mufflers like magnaflows and h pipes sound better with chambered mufflers like flows. But in the end it's all personal preference. Good luck !!

281powered

Reaction score
95CALI-5.0 said:
the x pipes are higher pitched and the h pipes have the deeper sound. It's like an indy car to an old school muscle car.

People say that x pipes sound better with straight thru mufflers like magnaflows and h pipes sound better with chambered mufflers like flows. But in the end it's all personal preference. Good luck !!

exactly what he said :thumb: ;)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ill probably be selling my flowmaster mufflers in a few weeks :thumb: two-chamber ones in think..i need to get the product number one of these days. i have longtubes and a catted H and they are plenty loud...but not as loud as my car will be with an o/r h-pipe and my new mufflers :banana:

jpajkos

Reaction score
I have a catted x pipe and flowmaster cat back it's pretty damn loud. I couldnt imagine cutting off my cats. Im sure it would be really loud then

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I gots a SLP O/R X with Flows. Sounds good IMO. I kinda like the X better then the H.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
I gots a SLP O/R X with Flows. Sounds good IMO. I kinda like the X better then the H.

I like my x better than the old h too. This is the first x I have ever had

nasmscott

Reaction score
I have an o/r X with MAC's. It is LOUD! At full throttle wringing it out it sounds good, but I don't really like the sound at normal acceleration. So boot it all of the time.

I had an H with Flows on a 97, I loved that sound. Also those long trumpet chrome exhaust ends that you see at Pep-Boys and stuff...they were mounted and tucked up under, so they looked good. they really make the exhaust sing ;)

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
once again,
exhaust is like ice cream, everyone has their own favorite flavor.
just search the net for sound clips and find what you like

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
i was always under the impression that an x-pipe isn't as effective with chambered mufflers.

x-pipe will sound more aggressive and racier, h-pipe will be more bassy, traditional muscle sound.

that said, i went with a magnaflow catted x-pipe and magnapack catback. reason being is that mustangs are great down low but up top they're not the greatest performers, so with the x-pipe i was hoping to add more power uptop. plus, a majority of mustang owners go with the h and flows. i want to do something different. the catted x-pipe isn't raspy at all, it's plenty smooth. it doesn't drone out on the highway or anything. it's much louder outside than it is in. i set off car alarms in parking garages, but it's not overbearing.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
exactly what ive heard.
x is more euro sports car,
H is more old school muscle.
and just to throw this out, ive been told that
catless doesnt offer that much more of a power gain,
is this true?

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
That's true, you're only talking a few ponies, if that, of power difference. You'll never feel the difference...

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
catless doesnt offer that much more of a power gain,
is this true?

2-3rwhp i think.
i get compliments on my exhaust all the time from all species of auto-enthusiasts.

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. The high-flow catted pipes w/ a glasspack-style muffler gives the Mustang a great sound that stands out from the catless regular muffler style setup. I'm a big fan of the catted pipes w/ a Magnapack or Loudmouth. But if you were to run no cats on either then :nonono:

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
xx9gt6xx said:
Yeah I agree. The high-flow catted pipes w/ a glasspack-style muffler gives the Mustang a great sound that stands out from the catless regular muffler style setup. I'm a big fan of the catted pipes w/ a Magnapack or Loudmouth. But if you were to run no cats on either then :nonono:

i don't believe the magnapacks are glasspacks. it looks similar, but i think it's more along the lines of a resonator. no fiberglass involved. i know you look in one end and see straight out the other lol. they're much smoother sounding and much higher quality than glasspacks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online