How Many Miles to the Tank do you get?

Tony Montana

Reaction score
Ive owned lots of stangs and I know they are not built for gas mileage, but im just curious as to what everyone gets vs me.

me 94 GT Vert

about 190 Miles to a tank, and thats mostly stop and go traffic/a bit of hwy driving....

ryclef331

Reaction score
Used to get damn near 300...now its around 200 with the stroker. It still gets better mileage than my lightning ever got.

bahndrvr

Reaction score
About 150 currently but that's all stop and go, took her on a drive on the autobahn down to Stuttgart cruise on at about 90 and got 305 before I filled her up. She does great on the highway, but its horrible in the city.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
i do a pretty even mix of city/highway and i get around 250 average...on highway only i get up to 350. i calculate it every tank and i average 18-19 mpg normally and a solid 24 highway...

thats gonna change a little bit wen i get the 3.73's

G

GREG@SN95

i was getting roughly 21MPG and a lil less on highway

roughly 300 per tank

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
About 60 miles to a tank. No . . its not a typo.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I am getting 240 w/ 20 miles round trip to and from town + driving in town. Actually when i got it i was lucky to get 200, usually around 180-190. I ended up putting in new o2's (stock ones had 90k on them plus there was a code), a new fuel filter (also stock) and ran 2 cans of fuel injector cleaned (chevron concentrated stuff). Oh also shortly after getting her i seafoamed it but didnt see any difference in mileage. The fuel injector cleaner was chevron techron concentrate plus (black bottle). there is a nonconcetrated too so watch which one you pick up. I was told by quite a few people it works better then other cleaners. I ran two bottles in back to back tanks to clean it out as much as possible. Those are just a few things to think about doing if your mileage isnt too great now. Well unless you are getting crappy mileage cuz you have a supercharged 347 and ya cant keep your foot out of it lol then the best thing to do is regulate the right foot a bit :thumb:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
lol thats nuts Truuble hahah.

I get like 280KMS (175 miles) to a tank....its a pig for whats done to it. Why the hell does it eat so much fuel lol.

255 lph fuel pump with a KB Boost-A-Pump (turned up 3/4 on the dial) and 60 lb. injectors. The fuel trim is way fat to compensate for the nitromethane . . . and I can't keep my foot out of it. Now that it has a 4500 stall converter (instead of a 5 speed) its even worse. :comando:

OP
OP
T

Tony Montana

Reaction score
hmm id be happy without about 220ish since its a vert its a bit less,..

gotta clean my maf, iac, and check my TPS

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Matt94GT said:
lol thats nuts Truuble hahah.

I get like 280KMS (175 miles) to a tank....its a pig for whats done to it. Why the hell does it eat so much fuel lol.

255 lph fuel pump with a KB Boost-A-Pump (turned up 3/4 on the dial) and 60 lb. injectors. The fuel trim is way fat to compensate for the nitromethane . . . and I can't keep my foot out of it. Now that it has a 4500 stall converter (instead of a 5 speed) its even worse. :comando:

haha nice, what a hog.

I wonder why mines so bad vs the others on here, I have stock fuel system with HCI. But I do like ripping around :D

MustangMan1619

Reaction score
my 95 gt, a couple light mods, 4:10 gears, and a heavy right foot, if i get 170 to a tank then there must have been a shit load of cops out that week to slow my ass down :police: ...... Ive done as bad as 100 to a tank..... there weren't that many cops out that week.... ;D

FaStStAnG5-0

Reaction score
i get about 235..... thats the approximate ammount of miles from charleston AFB to my home in NC.. i did it the other day.. i was runnin on fumes though! haha! :thumb:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
FaStStAnG5-0 said:
i get about 235..... thats the approximate ammount of miles from charleston AFB to my home in NC.. i did it the other day.. i was runnin on fumes though! haha! :thumb:

where you at in NC?

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
are yall serious??! i get 130-150 in a tank. i think pulleys might help me out alil but i only do city driving. :banana:

joefelly3888

Reaction score
i get 230 mpg city driving. Highway milege is great tho, probably around 300 on the highway. I can fill up and drive down to the jersey shore for an hour drive and still have a a pretty much full tank of gas.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
joefelly3888 said:
i get 230 mpg city driving. Highway milege is great tho, probably around 300 on the highway. I can fill up and drive down to the jersey shore for an hour drive and still have a a pretty much full tank of gas.
damn must be nice.

OP
OP
T

Tony Montana

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
joefelly3888 said:
damn must be nice.

100 is damn low, i know a blower doesnt help, but it shouldnt reduce the mileage that much?

Does ur car need a tune or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online