How many mods have you installed yourself and which ones?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Lets list all our self down mods:

I'll start off.

1st- Headlights. Easy, but was confusing at first. On a scale of easy to hard 1-10. Ill give it a 4. Not difficult to install, but aiming the lights correctly suck.

2nd Mod- MGW Shifter- Easy, but had to follow the direction to a KEY! On a scale of easy to hard 1-10. Ill give it a 3

and my last self down mod- Hid conversion. On a scale of easy to hard 1-10. Ill give it a 0.1 at not hard at all. If you can plug in a stereo into a house electric outlet than you could install hids.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
hmmm to many to list i thought headlights were hard to remove

and my cat back was such a horrible nightmare

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i did EVERY SINGLE MOD MYSELF

Font suspension to motor, i did it all.

...i am a real man :boink:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
i did EVERY SINGLE MOD MYSELF

Font suspension to motor, i did it all.

...i am a real man :boink:
:'( Skill'd

Wish i knew how to do half of the stuff you guys do on here and all the other mustang forums.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
springs, midpipe, wing ::), headlights(super easy), CAI, underdrive pullies, tri-ax shifter...i think that is it so far, time to move up to some big stuff. 8)

oh, and im glad i wasn't the one that put the Longtuebs on my car, or the person that paid for them to be installed. ;D

pretty much i have installed everything on my car, except mounting my tires to my wheels, that would be hard to do by myself. :D

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Twista said:

Wish i knew how to do half of the stuff you guys do on here and all the other mustang forums.
ts all about learning man, its not like we were born knowing how to work on our cars...you just need to get balls and do stuff. :hammer:

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
All of it except rebuild the transmission and my best friend apparently put a belt on it whilst I was um..*cough*incarcerated*cough*

Smoked headlights, HIDs, JLT, MAC H, SLP, 4:10s, H&R SS, MGW, Intake port matching...I guess I didnt tune it either.

This current project is all my doing as well and is currently nearing its end.

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Hey DFG, your car has come a LONG way bro, it looks f*cking amazing. I almost wanna say Im really proud of you for taking what was such a terrible looking car and msking it look soooo good. And if those rolleyes mean you are selling the wing you are crazy that shit is phat

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
well i thought putting the headlights in and aiming them was cake :D easy headlights are my 01 z71 you pull one clip and the whole assembly falls into your hand haha now thats easy

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
WyoTechMSA said:
Hey DFG, your car has come a LONG way bro, it looks f*cking amazing. I almost wanna say Im really proud of you for taking what was such a terrible looking car and msking it look soooo good. And if those rolleyes mean you are selling the wing you are crazy that shit is phat
well the rolleyes was that installing a wing is like turning on a faucet...but yeah, im selling the wing..ill hit you a PM, and thanks for the compliment, now i just need to make it fast. >:D

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Twista said:

ts all about learning man, its not like we were born knowing how to work on our cars...you just need to get balls and do stuff. :hammer:

Ya, i needa get a old v6 fox body and try stuff on it. I cant have balls when my only car is my DD that i have to drive to work. I hear stories about people stripping bolts and messing up stuff. I just cant take that chance on a DD that i have to depend on. Mind if you ship me your car and ill go to work on it (learning) making it fast at the same time >:D

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Twista said:
Ya, i needa get a old v6 fox body and try stuff on it. I cant have balls when my only car is my DD that i have to drive to work. I hear stories about people stripping bolts and messing up stuff. I just cant take that chance on a DD that i have to depend on. Mind if you ship me your car and ill go to work on it (learning) making it fast at the same time >:D
sure, for 10 grand. :p

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Twista said:
sure, for 10 grand. :p

:rollinglaugh: dude, ill give you 11 grand just for the heck of it :pimp:

waltnono

Reaction score
Twista said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
Twista said:

Well ur not certified until you strip or break something :hammer:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
waltnono said:
Twista said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
Twista said:

Well ur not certified until you strip or break something :hammer:

I broke acouple things now, but its mainly only plastic. Soon as i get some jack stands and one of those long big floor jacks+rhino ramps im going to mess with the midpipe. I mean i have to remove it every 2 years so i minus well learn it since imma have to do it more than one. Oh and can't forget some tools :rollinglaugh: im tool-less.

97vertstang

Reaction score
if its ur daily driver dont mod it urself!!!!!
i done every single thing in my car, my buick, and my friends cars, and i still get into binds that the car has to sit cause of a stupid .25 cent part that i cant find anywhere. no matter how many times i tell myself im not going to mod my car anymore i just have to. my friend just cant stop putting crap in his 94 cobra either. if u want to experiment buy another daily driver or ur going to have to be pushing ur car to the side of the road all the time.i cant remember how many times that happened to me when my 70 buick was my daily driver, and it wasnt cause it was old it was cause of all the crap i have on it and at the time i didnt know how to install it right. i learned a lot though, change heads,valve jobs, change trannies, 3 of them ;D, take out the motor, countless carbs, ignitions, distributors, fuel pumps, lots of stuff and i refuse to take my car to any mechanic.

97vertstang

Reaction score
u need lots of tools if u want to start messing with stuff. only one thing u dont need matco, or snap on.craftsman or even cheap taiwanese tools will do the job. i rather have lots of cheap tools than a handful of snap on tools. only REAL mechanic need those expensive tools but i have lots of cheap ass tools and garage sale tools that have hold up and i cant remember the last time i broke anything. and i use in old vehicles, 70 buick skylark, 72 ford f250, and now a 90 chevy 4x4 that i had to change the pitman arm and idler arm. this is an idea on how many tools i used for this job.
im messy...
whoring012.jpg

whoring011.jpg

whoring022.jpg

theres a lot more tools that u cant see. i just want to give u an idea on what u need if u want to start tinkering with stuff. oh and dalamar has me beat like if i was kindergartner in automotives, have u seen his build in his 67 !!!!!! he has the body off the frame like a chicken rotisserie!!!! not to mention he has his own lift!!!!!! man do iw ant one of those so bad!!!!!!!. ahhh rant over good luck :thumb:

waltnono

Reaction score
5.HOE said:
u need lots of tools if u want to start messing with stuff. only one thing u dont need matco, or snap on.craftsman or even cheap taiwanese tools will do the job. i rather have lots of cheap tools than a handful of snap on tools. only REAL mechanic need those expensive tools but i have lots of cheap ass tools and garage sale tools that have hold up and i cant remember the last time i broke anything. and i use in old vehicles, 70 buick skylark, 72 ford f250, and now a 90 chevy 4x4 that i had to change the pitman arm and idler arm. this is an idea on how many tools i used for this job.
im messy...
whoring012.jpg

whoring011.jpg

whoring022.jpg

theres a lot more tools that u cant see. i just want to give u an idea on what u need if u want to start tinkering with stuff. oh and dalamar has me beat like if i was kindergartner in automotives, have u seen his build in his 67 !!!!!! he has the body off the frame like a chicken rotisserie!!!! not to mention he has his own lift!!!!!! man do iw ant one of those so bad!!!!!!!. ahhh rant over good luck :thumb:

And the two most important tools in the pic is the hammer and mallet. :lol: 5 pound hammer is optional

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
dont forget the two most important things for ones toolbox, a breaker bar and some PB blaster. :hammer:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online