how many of you guys running 315's?

freakshow12

Reaction score
I know its a few anyway. I have a question though. I tried my 10.5 mach wheels w nitto 315's on my cobra to see if they would fit. other than flipping the quads they will. my car is also lowered. anyhow, on another board I am on they all are screaming thet there is NO way to go bigger than 275's on a lowered SN. just want some feedback.

I have also noticed that "some" cars have more issues with this than others. is it a factory hit or miss thing?

GDawg

Reaction score
freakshow12 said:
I know its a few anyway. I have a question though. I tried my 10.5 mach wheels w nitto 315's on my cobra to see if they would fit. other than flipping the quads they will. my car is also lowered. anyhow, on another board I am on they all are screaming thet there is NO way to go bigger than 275's on a lowered SN. just want some feedback.

I have also noticed that "some" cars have more issues with this than others. is it a factory hit or miss thing?

I'm going to be running 315s real soon. But seriously think my H&R SS drop will be too low. I have spacers right now that probably put me at a 305 width (outside position of the tire) and I considered rolling my rear fenders. I'm real low for these springs. I'm going to replace my H&R SSs with Voltland springs that I think will raise me back up a bit but not back up to 4x4 status. I remember a guy back in the old days that had some really expensive wide tires and his rear was slicing into them with his drop. He thought someone was slicing them but to me it was obvious what was happening.

Don't go too low if you are going to do 315s and make sure your rear rates aren't too soft cause your rear will drop during weight transfer. Something to think about.

Rolling your fenders will help.

Suspect

Reaction score
a bunch of people run 315s, but on 17s. ud prolly have more problems with an 18" and a 315. im running a 295 on an 18 and have 0 problems.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im running 315s on 17" and dont have no problems.

gt96stang

Reaction score
I've got the 315's on 17" bullitts.. I had a problem with the quad shock rubbing.. Solved that by buying u/l control arms and ditching the quads.. Also I'm lowered with C springs, although it's not much, it definitely noticeable drop from stock..

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDawg said:
Fets said:
Im running 315s on 17" and dont have no problems.

What springs???

Looks like stock.

Yeah, it is lol, actually I just took off my rear tire because my brake was grinding bad, and I noticed rub marks on the exhaust, and upper fenderwell :-\

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I have 315 18's on my 99 with 0 probs 8)

Do tell. What wheels/offset and tire are you running? Did you cut/hammer/otherwise disfigure the tire wells for them to clear properly?

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
315's here on a 10 inch wheel. i had t roll my fenders with eibach sportlines on the car

95Boss

Reaction score
I have talked to some local guys about this fit deal with 315's and also guys on this board. It seems it has a lot to do with wheel offset and if the car is lowered. Also, I have learned, that every car is put together slightly differently so, while one '96 may have a fit issue with a wheel/tire combo, another '96 may not. I had to remove the quads on my '95 because the quad rubbed against the shock on one side when I reversed it. Other than removeing them and bending down the e-brake brackets, my 315's fit very nicely. Other guys have had to move the exhaust tips and pound in the inner fenders. But I think wheel offset and lowereing can cause some of those issues.

S

scarface

Paul said:
Snakebit said:

Do tell. What wheels/offset and tire are you running? Did you cut/hammer/otherwise disfigure the tire wells for them to clear properly?
he has a 99....totally different ballgame.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Paul said:
Snakebit said:

Other than the width of the axle and the skin on the rear quarter panel, what is different about the 99?

S

scarface

Paul said:
scarface said:
Paul said:
Snakebit said:

Other than the width of the axle and the skin on the rear quarter panel, what is different about the 99?
well not alot, however both of those are the things that would cause rubbing...lol

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
well not alot, however both of those are the things that would cause rubbing...lol

Why would the quarter skin cause rubbing - it has nothing to do with the wheelwell. Also, axle width can easily be compensated for with wheel offset.

So again, I still want to know how to run 18" 315s - because I'd sure like to run that on one of my SN95s. :)

Paul.

S

scarface

Paul said:
scarface said:

Why would the quarter skin cause rubbing - it has nothing to do with the wheelwell. Also, axle width can easily be compensated for with wheel offset.

So again, I still want to know how to run 18" 315s - because I'd sure like to run that on one of my SN95s. :)

Paul.
Offset of these wheels are pretty generic...you buy an 18x10 or 17x10.5 from american muscle, you arent choosing a custom offset.
The wheelwell is wider in the egders, there is more flare to the outside.

All of this said, I still dont think you would have any isssues rubbing.

4point6GT

Reaction score
i got 315s on ma 10.5 bullitt and got 99 problems but a bitch aint one i mean rubbin :p

95Boss

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
i got 315s on ma 10.5 bullitt and got 99 problems but a bitch aint one i mean rubbin :p

Can someone please translate that into English.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online