How many qts of oil for 98gt

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
you guys are brave running royal purple engine oil. I know 4 people personally who lost motors after they changed there oil a few times with it..

Elaborate, I've only heard good things about it. :dunno:

4point6GT

Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
you guys are brave running royal purple engine oil. I know 4 people personally who lost motors after they changed there oil a few times with it..

oh really, what exactly happened to their motors ? felt more power if u ask me ;D

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
4point6GT said:
cost me around $65 to change my oil today which im happy!!!!!! oh yea I did it myself, royal purple is expensive but worth it!!!got me a ford racing oil filter too 8).....reason why it was a lil more than going to buy it at stores its cause I ordered my stuff from online, yea shippin sucks but oh well.

6qts btw O0

wow, i hope that fitler was special for you to pay $30 for it...cause that oil is like $5 a bottle bro.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea i would like to know more about that too, i've never heard anything bad though.

voidfinger

Reaction score
omfg, dfg-pimpin, i about shit myself when i saw that avatar....LOL omfg that is so damn funny, wtf. It was funny b4 but that is even better. Got to love that movie, sorry for off topic. just had to say it.

4point6GT

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
4point6GT said:
cost me around $65 to change my oil today which im happy!!!!!! oh yea I did it myself, royal purple is expensive but worth it!!!got me a ford racing oil filter too 8).....reason why it was a lil more than going to buy it at stores its cause I ordered my stuff from online, yea shippin sucks but oh well.

6qts btw O0

wow, i hope that fitler was special for you to pay $30 for it...cause that oil is like $5 a bottle bro.

no, $7 a bottle, 7x6 =$42 + $13 filter= $55 plus shippin= $65

Thomas_W

Reaction score
all of them had fairly low mileage motors. one even had 4k miles since a forged rebuild.

they all started using royal purple instead of mobile one.

one (who is anal as hell) cut his filter and found alot More metal shavings in the oil than usual.

the other 2 found the same thing.

and the 4th (forged bottom end) motor locked up 500 miles after he switched.

only thing we could figure is it wasn't lubricating the bearings enough and the rotating assembly was wearing the bearings out.

one guy even went back to mobile 1 and didn't get any metal shavings anymore until he switched back to royal purple and then the motor started knocking 3 months later.

and all these cars had autometer oil pressure gauges and saw no changes in oil pressure

4point6GT

Reaction score
well im gonna keep usin royal purple, if it dies......my engine. well O0 gives me an excuse to get a 99+ PI engine :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online