how much harder are long tubes

rcjustin

Reaction score
Just wondering how much harder and why its harder to install long tube headers instead of short tube headers. i know i need the specially matches pipe and all but installationwise, what do you have to do thats harder. How much more HP and TQ could i expect compared to a shorty. Hope that made sence. Thanks in advance.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
on your model car its not that bad ( compared to a modular :mad:) the only thing you may have to do is jack the motor up slightly for clearance to get them in for the fit. I had them on my 95 and it was not a bad install, you can expect a few hp and tq over the shorty's or equal length headers.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
because there so much larger, just looking at them tells you why. there worth it though but if your car is lowered and or you currently have problems bottoming out ever then you shouldnt get them if you bottom out on them it can wreck the flanges and you will get leaks.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Do it. If its the pain of the install you're worried about, it isn't that bad. Do yourself a favor and go to the parts store and buy a box of the allen headed header bolts. I use the regular 7/16" bolts where it was easiest to get a wrench on and the allen headed ones where the wrench was too big of a pain in the ass. It cut the install time of the bolts in half. Just a tip. Oh yeah, and Mr. Gasket Ultraseals are the shit.

GreenPony95

Reaction score
OKAY here we go, im about to get this done to my 95gt auto, buddie at shope said that
there a bitch to monver n that sumtimes the collecters have to be bent to fit round tranny n such,
im goin for it, 1 5/8 mac long tubes, appartly more hp n louder than shorties but thats just wat ive been told,
so gl man

OP
OP
R

rcjustin

Reaction score
I think im guna go for it too. This way when i go KB or Vortech ill see even more gains. Guna go with BBK or MAC longtubes into a matched h/x offroad pipe into a flomaster original 40's catback. Shud be pretty sick. Good luck to you too and thanks for the advice guys.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I don't know how well they'll fit....if at all with an Auto. I'd look further into it.

GreenPony95

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
I don't know how well they'll fit....if at all with an Auto. I'd look further into it.

they fit with an auto, sometimes they have to send them(the shop i use) to a muff shop to get the collecters bent so they can fit around the trannys but it depends on when they get them, some fit some dont its wierd to them but who knows.

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
Hey guys ive noticed lately that everyone keeps saying long tubes will make more power than shorts. Now ive always heard that shorts will make more hp but u will lose some low end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online