How much have you invested?

Reaction score
Every so often I will go and add up prices of parts and labor I've put into the car.

So far I've invested about $9,300 in my car including the 1500 I spent to obtain the car. Granted this doesn't include everything sine some things are maintenance related. I'm talking more so about money spent that really didn't need to be spent, but was because racecar.

How much have you guys put into your rides?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no comment....

But seriously I have not invested a DIME in my car. I have invested in pot stocks, ford, apple and a number of other companies but my investments make me money. My car makes me grin. I have said it before and I will say it again car parts are more fun then car payments. I keep all the receipts in a folder so I can find them if I need them but learned long long ago that totaling them up leads to less fun.

Austinx56

Reaction score
1,399.99 on the oem saleen kit, 600 for the saleen styling bar, 1000 for wheels that I have now, painting the kit was around 1000 for all of it, 250 for the wing, speedster covers where A LOT $12.99 plus 250 to paint, 600 for my mach seats.. 500 for the heat extractor hood, 250 to paint it.... im already hating myself for spending this much, im just going to stop....... at least my car is tits legit right [MENTION=18830]Frank.JD.Perez[/MENTION]? tell me it was worth it lol

blackdemon007

Reaction score
It's way more than most other people would spend, don't really know the total.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
oh, its worth it [MENTION=17573]Austinx56[/MENTION] its worth it.

you know why?

because racecar.

thats why

breast legitimatacy

images

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
More than anyone who hasn't modded an SN95 would ever notice just from looking at it. 97% of people around here see:
1) lowered car
2) different wheels and tires
3) Loud exhaust

Last I checked though it was in the 5 digits.... And soon enough it'll keep going up with the 347..

But it's been an absolute blast and a major learning experience. The time spent and lessons learned are irreplaceable.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
$4k for the car and another $6k in parts. Total miles driven. 265

so $37.75 per mile. I think hookers would of been cheaper

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
jesus if I added up the $$$/mile spent in the past 3 yrs between the Ridetech shockwaves/strong arms, MM K/front suspension, baer brakes a nice cocain addiction will start to look cheap and the hookers would just be comped at that level I am pretty sure...

Do yourself a favor and don't total them up. It sounds like a status thing when your younger and you see all the other cars that have spent too much(guilty) but as you get older if you really look back its just not pretty. Everyone needs a hobby and they are not cheap. The only reason I have spent as much as I have is I have money actually invested, and I have no kids. My dads hobby is collecting stamps from the virgin islands back when they were still a danish colony in the late 1700s. He actually has a world class collection that he exhibits all over the world and wins awards for and my brother and I joke that when he dies we are going to live like ex presidents with free postage for life... He literally made a "OMG I JUST SHAT MYSELF" face when I told him how much the brakes cost but when I reminded him how much he just spent on his most recent postage purchase and asked him how far that would allow him to ship a box and he realized that we had more a like then we thought. Remember to enjoy it while spending some saving some and you can't take it with you and you should be ok.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So, on the red car, after the wreck I added it up. I had more than 20k into restoration, paint, motor, trans, suspension, etc.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I don't want to talk about it. I just dropped $850 in fuel injectors alone lol

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I would rather throw 850 into injectors then booze or drugs.

Man, $850 in booze/drugs would be a wild night though. Lol, I agree though, an expensive hobby for sure but I'd rather drop money on this car than that kind of crap

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bingo. Bottom shelf wasted if it has to happen. I don't drink if the bottle ain't plastic lmao

ranger56528

Reaction score
Bingo. Bottom shelf wasted if it has to happen. I don't drink if the bottle ain't plastic lmao

Or the Wine ain't boxed hahaha....I've dribbled more booze the most people have drank heeheehee.......Its amazing how much money a person really has when they take the drugs and/or booze and eating out out of the equation,I've been able to buy some nice toys in the last 12+ years even payed off my house. Sobriety has been good to me so far but my health sure whet to pot when I stopped drinking or I just became more aware of my health issues because I stopped drinking,no quitters here Bwaaaaahahaha.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have speadsheets where I've kept track of everything, but I'm too lazy to dig them out right now.

Between the car itself, and all the added parts and upgrades, I'm right around the $20k mark on the red cobra.

And for the white cobra.... The price I paid for the white car, plus the new block, new heads, various parts, etc... most of which are new still in the boxes sitting on shelves. I'm somewhere around $10k on that one thus far, which will probably increase dramatically when (and if) I ever resume work on that project.

:deeplist:

Firefighter181

Reaction score
Seen a picture somewhere that said this but its so damn true:

"The moment you realize a drug addiction would have been cheaper than the car addiction" :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.