How much have you invested?

Ineedav8

Reaction score
To broke lol no where near what alot of you guys put into your cars but id say 2 grand a grand give or take

wmfateam

Reaction score
I keep track with a spreadsheet, but I put the total so far down, that I don't what it is. I will look as soon as the Coyote swap is done.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ballistic

Reaction score
Just on American Muscle and Late Model Restoration alone I'm pushing $3,000 and i dont order that much from them..

ranger56528

Reaction score
As I just get done ordering sway bars,springs,control arms......Didn't buy any fireworks witch would of been close so I rolled that cash into this purchase so all is good,let the rich folks across the lake buy the fireworks and we will just sit on the deck drink coffee and watch..
At least I'll have something to show for the money and not just a big pile of expelled fireworks.

SCHNAKE

Reaction score
The original purchase price of the car was almost 22K plus about 10K in the motor. The paint I did on it I would have charged a customer aboot 8K plus all the miscellaneous suspension, exhaust Bla Bla Bla another 5K ish. Damm that was a buzz kill plus I've been building the car for what 22 years and still have a long list of stuff I wwnt to do to it and I'm thinking about stripping it down and repainting it again. Got a couple rock chips here and there plus a mysterious chip on the driver door a couple weeks ago and need to fill the holes in front bumper from license plate and pull the motor to change the compression and go power adder paint engine bay and wire tuck plus some more stuff.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Since I bought mine new that means I already spent too much. @22.5k.

I have gone through several sets of wheels, heads, cams, intakes, interiors and I probably have 10-12k in new parts in the basement. Oh and about 1k in carbon fiber interior I bought recently.

Too much.

smitdavi

Reaction score
I'm right at 10k including the $3200 I paid for the car. Cashed in a ton of vacation days to fund a majority of the fixes and upgrades.

lutter94

Reaction score
I use quicken. And under automobile:maintenance, I have a category Mustang parts. I need to go through it. Since some Auto parts store stops automatically assumed that was the category and I didn't get it changed. Makes it nice when you want to look stuff up quick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Let's see...

thinking-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nope, I don't wanna say

dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I make it a point *not* to keep track of totals. For two reasons:

1) so I don't kill myself
2) so my wife doesn't kill me

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I had mine for over 10 year and I haven't done anything serious to it. I know I blew over the 5k mark easily. Its probably close to 10-12k spread out over 11 years...what it comes down to is when your a real car guy prices do not really matter. Cars are a horrible investment, just do it because it puts smiles per gallon on your face. The comments I get on the forums, IG, and on the street puts fuel in my tank to keep on going. I know I wouldn't be happy with brand new mustang and car payments. Its just not my thing...I like being different but with different comes certain types of headaches which I accept with a chassis thats close to 20 years old now.

Lanter

Reaction score
I keep everything in a spreadsheet but like most here I'd assume never look at the running total. It's way up there. I'm sure it will be worth it when the car's finished though, but until then it just scares me how much has gone into it....

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Scary but worth it. When your hitting a corner and the car is eating it for breakfast, or your on a old dusty road and you have built motor with some forced induction then yes this is the feelings we chase for as car guys. Its the passion for high performance spirited driving. Nothing like keeping up or beating a new car with loads of technology and getting thumbs up in the process.

g36 monkeys wifey

Reaction score
I'm not going to list what I bought the car for because it was waaaay too much but had almost every option included when I bought it new so there's that. On top of that, for mods I've spent around $4,727.48 according to my handy dandy spreadsheet. With all the money I've spent I could've had a bad ass 5.0 by now instead of a 3.7L V6... =/

Ooooh and also for g36 monkey's car I've spent a little over $1,000 thus far. He likes expensive things.

95opal

Reaction score
Way to much but its way more fun than pissing it into a urinal. I actually dont count although i have folders with every reciept from this build and the previous build.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I have paper envelope of all my reciepts and the actual sticker to the car when it was sold new. I might get a binder and catalog it haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online