How much have you invested?

o36

Reaction score
Including having bought the car (purchase price, title transfer, taxes), I've invested 5500. Car's mechanically stock except for an SR performance short shifter. Electrically I have about 1500 into the stereo equipment, spread out over multiple Craigslist and eBay purchases, BNIB store closeout specials on amplifiers, component speakers, sub and some shop time to get the doors sound deadened and buttoned up as well as to find the source of an issue that kept blowing the radio fuse that I couldn't find.

The car is gonna stay the way it is for awhile until I park it in a couple years to rip out the motor and build her up (yeah, I'm building the Six), in addition to the motor build, I'll be doing brakes, suspension, exterior work and an interior overhaul.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I am already about $14k into just the new engine build. Luckily I was able to sell off a lot of stuff from my old build to help fund the new build.

cheebs127

Reaction score
I try not to think about this too much haha. With the terminator swap and the amount of aftermarket parts Im guessing 15k spent after the car is painted. Thats money out of pocket. I know I've spent more but I've sold parts off three cars Ive parted in the process as well as fixing and selling a different Cobra for profit. Considering the 97 V6 I bought to start my project cost $400 its kind of funny to me that just about any part I buy for it cost more than the whole car!

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Just on my Mach 1 -
$8k purchase price
$8,500 - entire terminator drivetrain swap
$3,000 - Kennebell 2.6 installed and tuned
$1,800 - wheels/tires
$1,600 - fuel tank and return system

Not included are my breather system I just made, new Spec 2 clutch with Spec aluminum flywheel, AFCO heat exchanger, new intercooler pump, used Cobra intercooler brackets, Shaker mount brackets, lowering springs, caster/camber plates, upper/lower rear control arms, misc interior replacement parts.....plus any of my labor.

More than most in their right mind would spend? Probably.
Happy to have a car custom built to my specs? Priceless :thumbsup:

Mack

Reaction score
Bought my car in 2010 from a former forum member in Maryland for a decent price for a rebuilt, supercharged, low-mile, rare color SN95.

Paid a simular amount for shipping it to Europe

Paid a simular amount to have it legal and registred

So basically I paid the asking price three times before I could even drive it

I haven't rebuilt anything on the car, but regular maintenance is done once a year along with the yearly inspection (mandatory) in a shop specialized in American cars. Any parts need to be ordered and sent from the US.

The car is valued every 3 years for insurance, it is still worth less than I paid for it in 2010, but close. Since it would be very expensive to build up the same car in the Netherlands, where every part needs to be shipped to, the replacement value is higher than a simular car in the US would be.

But generally the costed me a lot more than you would ever pay for it. It's the price for full unicorn status. I've driven it maybe 2k miles in the past 3 years.

Still happy with it (obviously), have never regretted my decision

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
but then you guys get those sweet deals on gas right?! :)
Bought my car in 2010 from a former forum member in Maryland for a decent price for a rebuilt, supercharged, low-mile, rare color SN95.

Paid a simular amount for shipping it to Europe

Paid a simular amount to have it legal and registred

So basically I paid the asking price three times before I could even drive it

I haven't rebuilt anything on the car, but regular maintenance is done once a year along with the yearly inspection (mandatory) in a shop specialized in American cars. Any parts need to be ordered and sent from the US.

The car is valued every 3 years for insurance, it is still worth less than I paid for it in 2010, but close. Since it would be very expensive to build up the same car in the Netherlands, where every part needs to be shipped to, the replacement value is higher than a simular car in the US would be.

But generally the costed me a lot more than you would ever pay for it. It's the price for full unicorn status. I've driven it maybe 2k miles in the past 3 years.

Still happy with it (obviously), have never regretted my decision

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Too much! I got mine in 2005. I probably spent over 5-10k in keeping it in tip top shape over the course of a decade. But my daily driver takes the cake though...the price you pay for a jack of all trades car.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
This kinda scares me.......

$1000 bought car
$350 bought pi engine
$500 exhaust
$300 plenum & throttle body
$250 Intake manifold
$1700 Vortech blower
$1500 Wheels & Tires
$500 hood
$380 SCT x4
$150 Fuel Pump
$200 - Injectors
$200 - Maf
$600 FMIC
$1400 Suspension
$400 Seats
$200 steering wheel
$1500 - Built engine

There is more stuff there, and also stuff I sold and got money back. I guess I got over 10k in it now. Not so budget in the long run

Mack

Reaction score
$1000 bought car

That just amazes me.

I looked up what simular money can buy you in the Netherlands, best I found was this Ford Fiesta 1.3 wih 150k miles. In the US, the same money buys you a Mustang...

$_85.JPG

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I bought mine for $400.
Got it appraised at the end of last year and I found over 20k of receipts lol

Black car was $2500 and I don't have much into right now.

All in Canadian $

Defiant

Reaction score
I bought mine for $400.
Got it appraised at the end of last year and I found over 20k of receipts lol

Black car was $2500 and I don't have much into right now.

All in Canadian $

Wtf?

I just checked your build thread. So a black 04 V8 with under 60k miles for only 2500? Either the seller was a crackhead or the sellers near me are crackheads. I can't find a non beat up new edge GT for under $6k, much less a black 04 with low miles. Fuarkk.

ForcFed93

Reaction score
$8692 for the car about three weeks ago.

I've got $934.74 in maintenance and parts purchased since (I keep detailed records).

My wishlist of parts has about $10k on it, not including the Procharger I want for it eventually.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wtf?

I just checked your build thread. So a black 04 V8 with under 60k miles for only 2500? Either the seller was a crackhead or the sellers near me are crackheads. I can't find a non beat up new edge GT for under $6k, much less a black 04 with low miles. Fuarkk.

2500 CAD too.
It was super cheap because it's rough. It has also been re-VIN, I think it's had an interesting history possible going through police. It says 100k KM, but I don't think that's correct.
But yeah, it's a decent beater!

Defiant

Reaction score
Still... I googled it and that's $1800 USD what the freak man. IDC if it needs a bit of work that's stupid cheap. All I see near me are either convertibles, V6s, autos (many are all 3), and regular GTs with stickers/graphics and some lame saleen sideskirts that are asking 6K and up.. SMDH. But seriously good for you man that is a great deal. I'm hoping more get put on sale here once spring time comes, that should filter out these insane sellers. And btw I don't understand why 3 out of 5 Mustang guys absolutely must have saleen/cobra/roush kits on their cars.. most of those parts are held on with glue/tape and serve no function. That's why when I get a GT (if not Cobra) I'll be putting on the V6 hood, cutting out the fake vent so it actually works, and removing the fake side scoops.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah it was definitely a good deal! Even as a parts car it's good value! If I repainted the car it would definitely be a good flip.

Defiant

Reaction score
Yeah it was definitely a good deal! Even as a parts car it's good value! If I repainted the car it would definitely be a good flip.

Now the question is... which one is quicker? The GT or SC V6? I'd hope the V6 after all that work :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online