How much rwhp do you all think i will have?

ninetyfivegtstang

Reaction score
I have a 331 stroker with 20 dish pistons, roush 200 series heads fully ported and polished, 1.7 rockers, 2.02 and 1.60 valves, edelbrock rpm performer 2 intake, 65mm tb, pro-m mas, 30lbs injectors, 255 fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, underdrive pullies, custom cam .513/.513 lift, 8.5 to 1 compression ratio i know its low but planning on puttin on a procharger later. So I was wandering about how much rwhp i would be making any guesses.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Dyno it and find out. There's no value in speculating. All you will get is a bunch of "best guesses" from everyone, and no real answer.

[/thread]

OP
OP
N

ninetyfivegtstang

Reaction score
have been to the track yet my friend is still puttin her together and for the 70/30's they dont feel that bad but my friend had a 90/10 and she said it was horrible on the street but great on the strip

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
ive seen a built 331 stroker with a s/c make 900+rwhp so... not sure.. haha your mod list is smaller than his but still

ryclef331

Reaction score
On motor alone, you should make close to 300....depending on EXACT compression and cam specs. For having dished pistons, that big of a head, and a 331....thats a SMALL cam judging by lift alone. Custom by who?

As for on the blower, how much boost? You could easily push it to the block's limit of 500 with a 42lb injector...you can probably do it with 30lbers but I'd be safe than sorry.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
better start forgin lol if you havent already
thats the thing i dont like about 5.0s they cant handle more than 500....ish... well from what ive heard

IceMan

Reaction score
depending on the tuner and how the components work with each other... you can have all of the best parts but if the combination is no good, the engine will not make power. The cam is too small for all motor, but if you put boost to it it will be OK. i say it will put about 320-330 to the rear wheels on a good tune...

MikeF

Reaction score
if your going sc you can run a really big cam ,because the sc soaks up a lot of the cam.I run a stage 3 tfs cam in the 600'' of lift. range and my car idles great(yes its a 95 with stock tune.well tunes by me fuel pressure and timing) runs 12.0@125 all day on street tires and superunleded.I drive there 1 hour and hour back 2 times a month.this is after a burnt #5 piston and 2 sets of head gaskets that it took me get combo best i could without dyno.I DID IT old school way,make a run check plugs and make small adjustment on fuel pressure(you really need wideband) .if I had access to dyno i would,but dont trust anyone around my little town with dyno and mustang exsperience who can tune correct on 95-95.PUT THE SC ON AND TRY IT OUT

LAFENATU

Reaction score
MikeF said:
if your going sc you can run a really big cam ,because the sc soaks up a lot of the cam.I run a stage 3 tfs cam in the 600'' of lift. range and my car idles great(yes its a 95 with stock tune.well tunes by me fuel pressure and timing) runs 12.0@125 all day on street tires and superunleded.I drive there 1 hour and hour back 2 times a month.this is after a burnt #5 piston and 2 sets of head gaskets that it took me get combo best i could without dyno.I DID IT old school way,make a run check plugs and make small adjustment on fuel pressure(you really need wideband) .if I had access to dyno i would,but dont trust anyone around my little town with dyno and mustang exsperience who can tune correct on 95-95.PUT THE SC ON AND TRY IT OUT

wat?

MikeF

Reaction score
track or dyno.anything else is bs bottom line.you can guess or you can go run it

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
being that its such low compression you wont put out much for being a 331 stroker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online