How Much Would You Pay?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
For a 89 Mustang Gt? I know this requires knowledge of the car. The things i know right now is it has 139,000 miles everything works power windows A/C etc....The paint and exterior/interior is in excellent condition, it has chrome 95 cobras(i believe) and a aftermatket hood. I'm going to take a look at it today and i may buy it. Its being sold by a private seller. Forgot to mention the engine is stock.
I know were all in search Of a deal, but whats the most you'd pay for something like this?

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

It's not easy to evaluate a Mustang without some pics, theses 87-93 GT got a good resale value, in Canada even whit an high mileage they can be sold around $6000.00 to $8,000.00, it's depend of the general shape of the car, the rust is a major problem on theses old Fox, try to evaluate the cost of all thing you have to repair or replace like tire, brake, ... on the car and if after make your offer.

F.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Man its hard to tell, the fox cars are and have always been in high demand. Especially the ones that have not been beaten like a redheaded step child. Me personally I can tell you back about 5 or 6 years ago I had my last fox. IT was a 91 GT BONE STOCK and had just had the 100k mile put on it. It was in GREAT shape, beautiful paint and a super clean interior. Everything was in working order other than the rear hath arms. Of course they did not hold up the hatch with ten years on them. But that was the only thing wrong with the car and I paid 5k for it.

To get one in what you would call GREAT shape even now I think thats about what your going to pay, you can get them lower but your going to get less quality. Unless you want to do a partial strip on the car and make it a street/strip car I would stay away from those 1500 dollar cars you see in the paper all the time. For me I want one that has been taken care of and is in GOOD shape to begin with so I will pay the extra 3 or 4 grand and get a great car to start with.

Downshift

Reaction score
About the same here. Im not a big fan of the foxes so personally I wouldnt pay more then 2500 for one but around here good condition stock they go for 2500-3000. The built ones and supercharged ones go for 5-6k.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
About the same here. Im not a big fan of the foxes so personally I wouldnt pay more then 2500 for one but around here good condition stock they go for 2500-3000. The built ones and supercharged ones go for 5-6k.

not a fan of the FOX ?????????

:gtfo: :gtfo: :gtfo: :gtfo: :gtfo:

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
I paid $1500 for my brother's 90GT BONE stock and my brother sold it for $3500 :rollinglaugh:

So anyway.. it's pretty much worth around 1,500 - 4,000

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Quick96Mystic said:
I paid $1500 for my brother's 90GT BONE stock and my brother sold it for $3500 :rollinglaugh:

So anyway.. it's pretty much worth around 1,500 - 4,000

oh hell man stuff like that goes on here EVERY DAY, and that is a fact. Like I said those damn fox cars are in demand and some guys will pay big bucks for them. You could get one of the junkers for 1k or even 2k put a $500 PISS POOR paint job on it and sell it for 4 or 5k easy. You have to know what to look for when your shopping for one or you can get burnt.

Then there are the honest sellers that are up fornt about what your looking at....... :thumb: I wish I could find a CLEAN / mildly modified early 90's model black notch :-\

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, i may have found one for myself.....I'll check her out later this week.

Downshift

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
5.0wned said:

This is an SN95 Forum so.... :gtfo: :hammer: jk. I have seen a bunch that I like but for the most part I like them least of the mustangs. Just me if the interior were different and a few minor things I would change my mind.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Snakebit said:
5.0wned said:

This is an SN95 Forum so.... :gtfo: :hammer: jk. I have seen a bunch that I like but for the most part I like them least of the mustangs. Just me if the interior were different and a few minor things I would change my mind.

I didnt care for them either, until I rode in one :D :D that changed my mind :dunno:

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
id say 3k max, not that im not a fan of foxes (they are mustangs, dont hate) but i just dont think they are worth what most people ask for them, regaurdless...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online