How the heck do you get these off???

Jbarker83

Reaction score

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what ever it is will determine what you use to get it off. Could be paint overspray, sap or who knows what... Any chance you can contact the seller and ask?

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Clay bar and plenty of clay lube or waterless car wash solution.
Should take it off. Also use your fingernail on stubborn parts.
Possibly a heat gun to warm the area up (but not too hot to hurt the paint) will help it detach and come off also with the above methods.

If all else fails = try some 5,000 grit sand paper

OP
OP
Jbarker83

Jbarker83

Reaction score
cutting creme takes them off with some serious force its like some kind of tree dander its not rust or paint ive seen it on my gf car years ago

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My cars regularly get covered in those. I have found getting a hose out, and attacking them individually with a tooth brush usually does the trick. Just keep the working area wet. I usually do this immediately before clay/wax.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I honestly think that is some kind of fungus that comes from mulch. As stated above, clay bar/ fingernail and some kind of body shine does the trick. We used to have plastic razor blades at the dealership I used to work at, those worked great too with something to lubricate it and keep the paint from scratching.

OP
OP
Jbarker83

Jbarker83

Reaction score
Finally got them off it rained all day once it stopped I went out and washed the car the water must have made them softer cause they finally came off with some scrubbing but they would also slide across the paint lol they didn't want to go haha

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For whatever reason after I do a good wax it's like it attracts those things lol!

Reaction score
When I bought my car it was sitting under a tree covered in bird droppings , purple in color from whatever berries were in the tree. I brought the car home and washed it immediately. There was still marks and gobs of sap on the hood and trunk lid. I used varsol and a cloth to wipe them off , then washed the car again with hot water and an auto wash. Everytime I washed the car it looked better and better , by the third wash it glistened. I went over it with wax and then my buffer , it looked like new. Varsol is great with sap and tree residues and will not hurt paint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online