How to best remove heavy pitting from aluminum

PinkieT

Reaction score
Scored a used Accufab plenum and throttle body. The plenum has some pitting, worse in some areas than others. I tried some light metal polish but it laughed it off. I did a Google search and came up with a lot of ideas, some contradicting others. The most common idea seems to be start with 200 grit sandpaper used wet, then go to 400, etc. This is a fair weather only car, and under the hood is really nice right now. Any suggestions?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your keeping it raw aluminum the only way to correct pits is to sand. If your going to paint it then there is the option to fill them.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
if your keeping it raw aluminum the only way to correct pits is to sand. If your going to paint it then there is the option to fill them.

They stick up above the surface, would have to sand them down to paint anyway. You got me thinking, though - my car is Chrome Yellow with black front and rear spoiler, hood and side scoops, black and silver wheels. I can clean it up, paint it yellow, and fill the Accufab recesses with black. I owe you, buddy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.