How to identify PI heads.

ck5.0

Reaction score
My buddy just bought a 96 GT. We are trying to figure out if he has the PI heads and intake. I have seen some PI intakes with Aluminum coolant crossover and some picture of black crossovers. His is black. Is there anyway to look at the heads to see if they are PI. Thanks

98armygt

Reaction score
well if its a completely stock car then chances are that it has the NPI heads. the easiest way to tell if you got PI intake without the alum crossover is to look under the intake. a PI intake will go all the way down to the block pretty much. a NPI intake will go about halfway. i couldnt tell you how to identify PI heads.

OP
OP
C

ck5.0

Reaction score
The reason for asking is that the guy he bought it from had a print out from summit with some parts that he said he ordered. On the list was PI heads and intake. Otherwise I agree with you and would guess that it was NPI

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
not really anyway to tell what heads they are on the car but you can identify the intake...both pi and npi had all plastic and aluminum crossover versions so thats not gonna help...look at the first intake runner after the coolant crossover that runs in the front of the intake. If the first runner goes to the driver side then its PI, if it goes to the passenger then its NPI.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if there is alot of room underneath the intake manifold, it is most likely a NPI intake...

OP
OP
C

ck5.0

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how to tell the difference in the heads???

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ck5.0 said:
Anyone have any ideas on how to tell the difference in the heads???

you can't if they are on the car...only way is to look at the ports when the intake is off...unless you can find some part#'s on the heads and look them up...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online