How to install twin piston PBR brakes?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Hello sn95'ers,

A awesome member on here sold me his bullitt twin piston setup and so I have a few questions. I am planning on getting the calipers rebuilt with new seals. I am going to add new slide pins, brake pads, new bleeder screws, and copper washers. I am debating on if im going to upgrade the SS lines that are coming with brakes or not. I want this install to go as smooth as possible so what is needed to install these front brakes? I've done brakes before on both my cars but I never disconnected the lines. Is there anything I need to know about now? Lastly, can a stock 17x8 wheel fit behind twin piston caliper like the wheels in my sig?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Since your having them rebuilt have them pressure test the lines. I would think they should be able to do it.

The indicator clips will come with the pads the slide pins can be gotten from autozone for 7.49 they will price match there website. The chatter shields that go on the bracket should come with them also.

You have it all laid out.

You should be fine with the split spoke wheels.

Sometimes you can get lucky and not have to bleed from the furthest point of the car.

Just doing the fronts, if not do PR DR PF DF all while keeping an eye on the fluid level.

This would be a great time to flush the system. I used Valvoline Syn dot 3/4.

Once I begin auto x the car I'll run motul Blue in there.

RichV

Reaction score
Really simple swap.

Just make sure you use a flare nut wrench on the line fittings. If you don't it can make a really easy job turn against you. I would swap the lines if the ones that came with your calipers look to be in good shape. IIRC the cobra/mach calipers use a different brake line, the GT one may work just fine, but I think the OE lines for 13" brakes are a little longer. The 17" diameter of the wheels is fine, but I'm not sure on that wheel and the brake. I'd say you'll be OK, but definitely test fit and turn the wheel to make sure.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Since your having them rebuilt have them pressure test the lines. I would think they should be able to do it.

The indicator clips will come with the pads the slide pins can be gotten from autozone for 7.49 they will price match there website. The chatter shields that go on the bracket should come with them also.

You have it all laid out.

You should be fine with the split spoke wheels.

Sometimes you can get lucky and not have to bleed from the furthest point of the car.

Just doing the fronts, if not do PR DR PF DF all while keeping an eye on the fluid level.

This would be a great time to flush the system. I used Valvoline Syn dot 3/4.

Once I begin auto x the car I'll run motul Blue in there.

Thanks for the recommendation Win. Can I just bleed the fronts or would I have to do all 4 corners?

Really simple swap.

Just make sure you use a flare nut wrench on the line fittings. If you don't it can make a really easy job turn against you. I would swap the lines if the ones that came with your calipers look to be in good shape. IIRC the cobra/mach calipers use a different brake line, the GT one may work just fine, but I think the OE lines for 13" brakes are a little longer. The 17" diameter of the wheels is fine, but I'm not sure on that wheel and the brake. I'd say you'll be OK, but definitely test fit and turn the wheel to make sure.

I really do not want to use my 18 year old GT lines that goes to Calipers. I want to use brand new lines or the lines that are attached to bullitt calipers. I read about a flare nut wrench I have to invest in one.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You would be better off bleeding all the way around, if for nothing more than nice new fluid everywhere.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation Win. Can I just bleed the fronts or would I have to do all 4 corners?

I really do not want to use my 18 year old GT lines that goes to Calipers. I want to use brand new lines or the lines that are attached to bullitt calipers. I read about a flare nut wrench I have to invest in one.

You would be better off bleeding all the way around, if for nothing more than nice new fluid everywhere.

As as jeremy said you would be better. It only takes about 5 min anyway.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah and get two large bottle of Valvoline syn 3/4. Better to return one then to not have enough to start with.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Split spokes will clear cobra/bullit calipers and rotors . I've had some on my car before after it got stolen once

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Yeah and get two large bottle of Valvoline syn 3/4. Better to return one then to not have enough to start with.

Well I am not hard pressed to get these on asap, I am going to take my time. I am going to get all the proper hardware for it, proper tools, and a motive power bleeder so I can do the brakes. Gives me excuse to buy parts lol.

Split spokes will clear cobra/bullit calipers and rotors . I've had some on my car before after it got stolen once

Thanks for that info. I am in the process of getting new wheels so I just wanted to make sure they will work in the meantime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online