How To Manually Turn on your Fan

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
Thanks for the awesome info.....Just one question, I have heard of some mustang guys disconnecting the Coolant sensor harness on the coolant passover tube when the car is running to trigger the fans is this a bad idea as it sounds?

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
This is an awesome mod. I did it yesterday and its great. I wired it to a second fog light switch so the switch fit perfectly where the coin holder was. So now i have 2 fog light switches :hammer:

97GT4.6

Reaction score
This is a really good tip. I have had mine wired up for a while, and it really helps my car run cool. I have a mishimoto, and i can change my car from running on A down to N in less than five minutes. Works great.

CVictor

Reaction score
What's up guys. I know I'm bringing an old thread back from the dead, my apologies. On top of that I'm new to the site, not a good start... i know, haha. I've got a quick question. I wired everything up, but when I supply ground to the CCRM all I get is a click. Could this be anything other than the hi-speed relay being blown? The low speed fan has always came on, and the only time the car hit over 228 degrees it did so in less than a couple seconds (thanks to an air bubble in the system on the freeway) so I don't even know if the hi speed was functioning. If the relay is blown, do I need an entirely new CCRM or can a single relay inside it be replaced?

Thanks for the help! :eek:ccasion14:

Reaction score
AS FAR AS I KNOW YOU WOULD HAVE TO REPLACE THE CCRM, BECAUSE I THINK THEY ARE SOLID STATE RELAYS INSIDE THE CCRM AND CANNOT BE REPLACED INDIVIDUALY

83-88T-Bird Guy

Reaction score
Great thread !
I tapped into the # 17 wire last night and hooked up an aligator clip to the wire.
Now I can cool down my IHRA Pure Stocker in the staging lanes now.

Thanks !

12vcity

Reaction score
Modifying the radiator fan to turn on manually is usually done because something in the system is not working properly, and the vehicle owner does not want to replace a part, usually due to the expense. Operating the fan manually is just as effective, and in some cases, moreso, since it won't be forgotten. If the fan is not turned on when the vehicle is at rest or moving slowly, the vehicle will overheat. The fan is not necessary as long as the vehicle is moving, and air is passing through the radiator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mPeGQHbhc4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.12vcity.com car dvd
hope it helps you.

silverv6

Reaction score
When i bought my car the guys before me had the fan wired through the fuse box in the interior under the dash i never seen so many wires run everywhere it actually melted the fuse box and i had to take all the wires out and rewire the fan to get it to run right but keep in mind these are the same guys that used drywall screws to hold my blackouts on the car. lmao :slap:

i know all about those drywall screws.. They put them in my bumper.. stupid previous owners.. But as far as the fan goes its wired to a switch or the ignition?

Twics97

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone who has done this on there 4.6 could chime in and maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong. On the passenger side kick panel, I located the green wire with a purple stripe. I tied into it with another wire and ran it to a toggle switch, then ran a wire from the switch to a ground and cannot get the fan to turn on?? Any help would be appreciated :)

Venomized

Reaction score
THIS IS FOR A 4.6 ONLY!!!!!! JUST TO ANSWER STEVO'S QUESTION. 5.0 GUYS DO NOT DO WHAT IS POSTED BELOW! SEE ORIGINAL POST ABOVE FOR 5.0's!!!!

ok...

You need to Hook into pin#46 on the PCM (LIGHT-GREEN wire with the purple stripe), that is located behind the passenger side kickpanel. Once you tie into that pin all you do is run it to the toggle switch, and run the other side of the switch to ground. LIGHT-GREEN wire with the purple stripe

Here you go twics did you see this?

Twics97

Reaction score
Yea Venomized, that's what I went off of ^^. My switch is a 3 prong, but I even ran a wire from the green wire I tied into straight to a ground and bypassed the switch to see if that would work and still would not work.

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Dead thread bump! Where do I find the wire to do this to my 1996 Mustang 3.8? Me and my step dad were looking for it in both the places specified for the 4.6 and 5.0 in hope that we could find it, but we are having no such luck. We looked in the haynes manual for my car and looked at the wiring diagram and it says that is a dark blue wire, which we also can not find, its supposed to go from the pcm to ccrm, but we can't find the ccrm, where is it located? Is it the box under the hood? Or where else is it?

Bub

Reaction score
I just did this today, still need to fab up a plate to mount my switch but excited to try this out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online