How to open a can of 2v whoop ass, or, why J.R. is a jerk

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
So I get tired of reading all these thread's, about how much power will a CAI give me or whatever. I bought a NPI 2v brand new, then owned it for 11 year's. I spent alot of money I didn't need to, and I learned alot. Hopefully some one will listen to me here, but probably not. Anyway, here goes...

1. Your NPI motor sucks monkey balls, period. Stock they are completely lame and not worth a CAI or catback, you are pissing your money away.

2. at a minimum get a PI intake and PI cams. These thing's run out of steam at around 5k stock.

3. Even better, get your NPI's machined for big lift, or swap on PI heads and get some real cams, easy route to N/A 300 rwhp right there.

4. If you want boost, you can do it on a PI swapped motor. I don't care what you read on a board from some tool who read it somewhere else, I ran 10 PSI on 10.3:1 for 40k and never blew it up.

5. A blower will be a major suckfest without a PI intake, and even better, PI intake and cams, that should put you in the mid to high 300's

The point here is, your stock components suck, you can easily blow 1k on bolt ons and still be driving a car that will sound mean, but lose to a minivan. Sack up, crack open the motor, get some good head's, real cams, an intake that doesn't max out at 4200 rpm, then worry about what cat-back to get.

Oh, and what gear's should you get? 4.10's, always, 4.10's, or be a real man and get 4.30's, it won't blow your car up or mess up your make up, don't be a girl, get real gear's.

I'd be happy to help anyone with their combo, just remember, no plenums, no CAI's, not TB's, no spacer's, no catbacks until you have a motor that moves some air.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I too spent money on worthless bolt ons, hopefully it will be worth something to someone.

GDawg

Reaction score
My Magnaflow MagnaPak catback... no extra hp but better sounding than stock.

gt96stang

Reaction score
Yup, I agree... I wish I would have saved my money instead of buying little bolt-ons here and there.. Oh well, gotta learn the hard way..

First thing I would do, if "I" did it all over again

1. 4.30's, PI swap or whole PI motor, drag radials, then nitrous..

then I would add the bolt-ons here and there.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Get Money said:
Yup, I agree... I wish I would have saved my money instead of buying little bolt-ons here and there.. Oh well, gotta learn the hard way..

First thing I would do, if "I" did it all over again

1. 4.30's, PI swap or whole PI motor, drag radials, then nitrous..

then I would add the bolt-ons here and there.

I'm thinking I may do 4.30's. I plan on staying N/A for awhile.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I agree, except some people dont want 300-400+ hp cars. If you just want to give the car a mean sound then yeah, just doing exhaust is for you. I do agree though if you are trying to max your motor out, do not just start with bolt ons. I did this and when i put the blower on i should have done it a year and a half ago. As said, its a must to change the non pi intake/cams! You dont necessarily have to even touch the heads to have a 400rwhp non pi motor.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you just want a cool sounding car, then yes, bolt on an LM1 set-up and hope you intimidate everyone away. Some people want show car's, some people want cruiser, more power to em.

But for some reason everyone buy's into the myth of bolt-ons. With these car's there is no quick, easy, one hour bolt on gains.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
If you just want a cool sounding car, then yes, bolt on an LM1 set-up and hope you intimidate everyone away. Some people want show car's, some people want cruiser, more power to em.

But for some reason everyone buy's into the myth of bolt-ons. With these car's there is no quick, easy, one hour bolt on gains.

Bolt on a Forged/stroked motor :D

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's not even so much you gotta pay, but you gotta turn some wrenches. It aint gonna be a TB for 10 rwhp, a CAI for 15, ricer math is not in effect here, lol.

Don't be afraid guy's, I'm not that smart, and I did head's and cams without effing up my motor, lol.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
exactly. You gotta spend some money and get a nice power adder or h/c/i package to make decent numbers. You can't just do all the bolt ons and add them up thinking you'll make what the companys claim because it just wont happen. With every bolt on imaginable i made 213rwhp....pretty sad huh?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
custom make another one to get another 12rwhp! :santa_afro:

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol, good post.

I agree with it all. I plan on just doing PI cams to my car now...I really don't want to put anymore money into it than that.. I need to save up for bigger and better things. <;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online