How to Properly Polish your car?

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Most water based paints now dont like wool and Foam can remove 2500 grit sanding scratches. I will never buff 1500 grit because IMO, its too rough to get a perfect finish.

I have dont detailing for many years, Then decided to use my skills for teaching and product development so thats why i do now. I still do about 15 Full paint correction jobs a year. I limit my clients so i can offer my highest level of work. I dont do detailing for the money, I do it because its an artform.

I dont know about that...

But thats cool I do this because I love it also ..
I color sanded 2 GT350 here in california and went to vegas and detailed all the shelby car clubs for the huge shelby event ..

So when you do a black car you only use a porter cable??

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Mrstangerbanger, Knows what he is talking about. He is an amazing detailer and his work is perfection. Nothing can top years of experience. Every detailer just has different ways to work around the problem.... but even I have alot i can learn and learn stuff everyday. I wouldnt call myself a "Master Detailer" because i have alot i can still learn from others.... thats why I try to keep an open mind with threads like this :)

Thanks bro and your not bad yourself lol .. I also learn stuff sometimes also.. Im getting my car tuned and danny swansons (Swanson Performance) tuning in LA all stop buy and check out your guys shop and try some products

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
I do on every car I do .. if you are trying to clean up your motor go to Walmart and buy superclean it great I use it all the time .. spray your motors big time soak that shit then use high pressure water and your motor will look new but you then need a good water base or silacone base dressing .. the dressing is what makes the motors look nice and shine .. also cover up the dissy and try not to spray the alt to much lol . But never spray over head cam motors or any motor with mult coils

In less you cover all the coils or you will be dealing with a shitty running car ..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

JRad405

Reaction score
That's what I heard. I always wanted to spray my engine bay down. I tried scrubbing and no offense to people who do it, it takes a really long time and nothing actually gets clean because I have so much gunk caked up. That superclean stuff is safe on the timing belts and stuff. That's where my engines the dirtiest anyway.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck with Swanson, he is like the shittiest tuner in so cal right now. He always flakes and his number always suck.

I would go with Greg@RET for tuning. He is a MUCH better tuning, gets better numbers, and knows how to tune boost better than swanson.

KidK9

Reaction score
Mrstangerbanger, Knows what he is talking about. He is an amazing detailer and his work is perfection. Nothing can top years of experience. Every detailer just has different ways to work around the problem.... but even I have alot i can learn and learn stuff everyday. I wouldnt call myself a "Master Detailer" because i have alot i can still learn from others.... thats why I try to keep an open mind with threads like this :)

It's good that you feel this way. There are WAY too many people on this board that are "square peg, square hole" people. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO DO THIS AND THAT'S THE WAY IT'S GONNA BE!!!

LoL. People crack me up when they give advice in here sometimes.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
... I just bought last week and its states on the back not to let it dry, okay but it also never states NOT TO DO IT IN THE SUN!!!! I tried using it and at first it was doing miracles, but then after the heat from the sun started beating down on the hood it started to leave residue and streaks...

Dude, I can't help but say something. By stating "not to let it dry" you'd think that using it in the sun would accelerate the drying time...

Slykin

Reaction score
I can't seem to win on this detailing crap lol. I can hide a lot of the big scratches(lift the dirt out of them, get a good buff on em), but I can't get swirls out to save my life. I've used M105/M205 and tried V36 also.. I'll probably have to watch someone do it before I can get a real hang of it.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I can't seem to win on this detailing crap lol. I can hide a lot of the big scratches(lift the dirt out of them, get a good buff on em), but I can't get swirls out to save my life. I've used M105/M205 and tried V36 also.. I'll probably have to watch someone do it before I can get a real hang of it.

What speed are you using it at and what foam pads are you using?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online