HOW TO: Quick Release Bumper (Dzus / Quarter turn fasteners)

NERD

Reaction score
IDK guys, unless you're on the track doing emergency repair you're probably just going to rice out your cars. The few times you'll need to take off your bumper wouldn't make it worth it to me. There are stories all over of bumpers flying off cars on the tracks using both types of fasteners.

Would they pass inspection for real competition?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
after moving my HID balasts and meth pump up there as well as access to the filter I would like to have as easy access to it.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I need to remove my bumper to get into certain gas stations and driveways. :dontknow:

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Rubber bands holding on bumpers? I feel like I stepped into DSMtuners forum Sticky.

Thats ts all it is these days. Our generation of power and handling has been replaced with " stanced and lowered to the point of not drive able and crazy ass fads.

No shit is that really a thing people are doing.

I wil be buying a set of these shortly for my rebuild. It will make it sooo much easier to service any of the pieces I have hidden under the bumper/fender. Any recommendations on where to get them? Is it one of those things that if you order 100 it makes it 10x cheaper? If so who else is going to do this?

I think ink the quick turn will flow 1 million percent better on your car. I wouldn't mind having them but not that rubber band craps

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I need to remove my bumper to get into certain gas stations and driveways. :dontknow:

The slammed life in one sentence.

A few of my friends are so low they did something similar to this just so they could take a bumper off within a minute to get into a sketchy entrance or pulling into a car show that's on the grass.

Hopefully one day I have this problem... LOL

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The slammed life in one sentence.

A few of my friends are so low they did something similar to this just so they could take a bumper off within a minute to get into a sketchy entrance or pulling into a car show that's on the grass.

Hopefully one day I have this problem... LOL

Screw that shit mang you can have your cake and eat it too. Air ride my good man air ride. Its an expensive piece of cake but once you taste it, you will never remember the price.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Screw that shit mang you can have your cake and eat it too. Air ride my good man air ride. Its an expensive piece of cake but once you taste it, you will never remember the price.

LOL us high school kids will never get to see touch let alone taste that cake.

Coil overs are the next best thing lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can remember those days back when $200 was a huge amount of money, but I graduated in 93 so.... Its funny how your standards change. I can remember when I saved up for my side exhaust, took me 2 yrs to get it and have the cash for install. Then my trickflow heads and cam 5-6 years ago, writing that check hurt. After that though with the air ride and now the supercharger I am afraid that shelling out a couple of grand isn't a bid deal at all. But I will tell you again that those were all upgrades that hurt like hell to write the check but it was forgot either on the walk to the car to see the side exhaust and enjoyed the ride home with the radio off, or right out to hear the lope of the cam(again radio off) and how much faster it was, or when the mechanic drove it around the corner and aired it out. Yes they were all very expensive and I am happy too say that after good research all the stuff I got has held up and continued to make me smile, and the haterz frown and what is better then that?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Zipties are where it's at. You can get them in any color you desire, and swap them out when you're tired of a color.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
IDK guys, unless you're on the track doing emergency repair you're probably just going to rice out your cars. The few times you'll need to take off your bumper wouldn't make it worth it to me. There are stories all over of bumpers flying off cars on the tracks using both types of fasteners.

Would they pass inspection for real competition?

They do pass tech, I see them at the track all the time (for more that just bumpers). I wouldn't do the straps but the quarter turn fasteners dont "rice it out", you can only see them on the inner fenders anyways. The dzus fasteners have been a godsend ever since I started working on the splitter and the tubular bumpers, somehow I end up taking the bumper off the car a few times a week.

Also if you dual purpose your car and you want a separate track bumper its pretty convenient

NERD

Reaction score
Have you had issues with them popping loose? There's one video I seen where at the end of the 1/4, a guys bumper flew off his car.

If you need it, I have no aversion to people using what they choose. For others that don't need it, it might as well be a 3 foot wing on an '81 Bonneville.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Have you had issues with them popping loose? There's one video I seen where at the end of the 1/4, a guys bumper flew off his car.

I could see this happening if you don't know what you're doing and the fastener isn't locking all the way, but if you get the proper thickness/spacing for your application then they are solid. I've never had one come loose and id be really surprised if it did.

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I am going to get them for my rebuild just to have access to a number of things that are getting moved back behind the bumper or the fender. I am not sure how it could pop off if they still had the clips on them but I am not driving that fast or crazy.

MadStang

Reaction score
and people thought i was crazy for using carriage bolts to secure all my body panels in place. guaranteed my shit aint gonna fall off and it looks clean!
1658419_586091234813565_418060620_o.jpg

wmfateam

Reaction score
and people thought i was crazy for using carriage bolts to secure all my body panels in place. guaranteed my shit aint gonna fall off and it looks clean!
1658419_586091234813565_418060620_o.jpg

I think they call you crazy because of your mad tight driving. "I've see you drive, you gotta heavy foot"

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

MadStang

Reaction score
lol ;) if there's one thing I don't have it's a lead foot. That's drag racer stuff, my feet are light as a feather and my driving shows it ;)
1415007_10152048521192849_205402470_o.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online