How To Remove Gunk?

spitfirees20

Reaction score
So I went wingless this weekend :banana: plugged the holes, going to sand them down a little and paint them so you can't really tell. Personally, I think it looks badass. The only problem is you can tell where the spoiler was pulled off, there are like big oval marks where it used to attached, with gunk and dirth such, probably because it hasn't been removed since 1998. I tried washing it with dish detergent, and then goo gone, and it's still almost all there. Any way to clean it so there are no marks? Aside from the hole plugs, I don't want anyone to be able to tell there was a spoiler there. Thanks in advance!

firstonraceday

Reaction score
you might be able to get away with a very tiny amount of lacquer thiner. Use it very conservatively though because it WILL remove the paint.

95-stang

Reaction score
If you were careful, rubbing compound might work, but like thinners, dont go ballistic with it. ;)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
goo gone..it works wonders. if you don't believe me, just reference the pony stickers. :hammer:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
goo gone..it works wonders. if you don't believe me, just reference the pony stickers. :hammer:

he said he already tried that... :slap:

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i work in a factory and we got this citrus cleaner that takes anything off of everything, it works better than simple green, walmart should have it

OP
OP
S

spitfirees20

Reaction score
I thought about claybar, that's what I'm going to use when I can find out where my mom put my car cleaning supplies :mad:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Polish with some type of buffer maybe.

That's what I was thinking.

Try Clay, then polish, then lauqer if it's still there.

9psi 98

Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
Red96GT said:
phil_the_thrill said:
oxy-acetylene torch :thumb:

Jeez, great idea!

what are you CRAZY?!? its a terrible idea i was just joking!!!

Well, technically it would make those marks dissapear. But the mess you'd be left with would laugh at any sort of cleaner.... :rollinglaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online