How to remove shifter knob on 95 GT?

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
I have a 95 GT, its a automatic, how do you remove the shifter knob, i have looked for a screw and cannot seem to find one, its also wraped with leather so i doubt its under it, does it just twist off by chance? i wanna make sure so i do not break it. Its the T shaped shifter thats on the 94-95 auto mustangs. Thanks

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I just had my shifter replaced. I am holding my old shifter in my hand right now! There is a screw on the radio side. Let me see how to word this. Right where the T part comes to the shaft part, on the button side, is where the screw is located! I tried, I hope this helped!! See ya!!

OP
OP
S

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
thanks for taking the time to look for me, your a big help, ima go look for it right now, thanks again

OP
OP
S

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
yay i found it, thanks man, ima be changing the knob to a ball soon, with the button on top, with a shift boot, so i needed to kno

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Glad I could help! I am kind of dumb with everything!! I knew I had my old shifter though. I think the instructions for mine said it was kind of sticky when coming off. You may have to apply some to it. See ya!!

I went with UPR's T-handle aluminum one!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online