How to remove Vinyl Decal?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well I just finished using a hair dryer to peel of the decal, and then using GooGone to get the glue off...and I'm only done with the door and out of GooGone, its taking forever lol. Is there an easier way of doing this without harming the paint? Heres a pic of what I'm taking off...

Thanks

DSCF0687.JPG

d_punch

Reaction score
i haven't used this, even though i have been meaning to buy some and try it. http://www.scraperite.com/

from what they say on their web site it looks like it would suite your application.

BTW i would be careful with the goo gone. from my understanding that and similar products are just ordorless paint thinner. i could be wrong, thats just from my experience, i'm a painter by trade, not a car painter but like in walls, ceiling doors etc.. and to me it appears to be a solvent base product. it could dull your clear coat. i would wash that area very well, and what ever you use to wash that area with throw out once your done with it.

hope i was some help

joe

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Heres how it looks now, theres still alittle bit of wax and stuff on it when I took these pics but its off now lol. Not the best pics since the car is in the garage and its impossible to get good shots in there, and I can't move it out unless I move 2 cars in the driveway out...

Thanks everyone :)

I will have better ones soon

DSCF0857.JPG

DSCF0858.JPG

DSCF0851.JPG

DSCF0854.JPG

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool, any color difference?

I linda liked that decal.