How to repair window motor bushing - 94/95 cars only

Addictedtonitro

Reaction score
3281ecfb-35b8-e6d7.jpg
3281ecfb-35c5-5137.jpg

Thanks for this great write up! Just saved myself 200$. Was going to buy all new regulators and motors.
I also used 1/4" SS nuts.
They take a little pursuing to get in just right but this is so much stronger than the plastic bushings. Heres a couple pics of how they look installed. I used a total of six on each window. So 2 stacked on top of each other in each bushing slot.

Sent from my unsmartphone using Tapatalk

jumbowolfe

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to thank the originator of the thread. Worked like a charm, best $1.50 I've ever spent. Thanks again!

mustangjunkie82

Reaction score
Great write up man I bought the bushings for my. Passenger side it was shot but ggunna try the nuts for the drvr when it goese it esses up evry now and then

ram360

Reaction score
this might be what's wrong w/ my cobra pass side. I'll have to get some.

J.Cagle

Reaction score
One of the first things I researched when I bought my car. I was planning to buy new motors. This saved me a ton of money! What do the ss nuts do? Just make it stronger?

OP
OP
Javi

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
One of the first things I researched when I bought my car. I was planning to buy new motors. This saved me a ton of money! What do the ss nuts do? Just make it stronger?

Nuts wont tear up overtime.

OP
OP
Javi

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
It was brought to my attention that the pics werent showing due to webshots creating a new site and lost all the pictures.

I hosted pictures again so we hould be good to go, any question you have feel free to PM or post on here.

Dr Fildo

Reaction score
This IS a great write up. I have the motor out. I'm having trouble getting the clip off of the shaft. I don't want to break it. Is there a certain technique to it? I have 2 small flat head screwdrivers, but can't seem to push the thing off.

Also, there is a lot of grease I'm wiping off of the gear. What type of grease should I use when I re-assemble it??

Dr Fildo

Reaction score
Also, is there any way to get the pics back up there? I saw them a year or two ago and they looked very helpful.

lutter94

Reaction score
This IS a great write up. I have the motor out. I'm having trouble getting the clip off of the shaft. I don't want to break it. Is there a certain technique to it? I have 2 small flat head screwdrivers, but can't seem to push the thing off.

Also, there is a lot of grease I'm wiping off of the gear. What type of grease should I use when I re-assemble it??

White lithium grease would be sufficient.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online