How-To: Replace Your Oxygen Sensors

Reaction score
actaully i wouldnt advise using the " specila o2 tool " for removing them o2 sensors as it will widen the tool which will then strip ur o2 sensors..ask me how i know...I DID IT..2x ina ROW thinking the 1st time was a fluke..and i would also run the car for 3 min to warm up the threads and then spray the o2 sensors its self with PB blaster or something similar to shrink it as it cools it and itle cahse the threads and hopefully losen them for you..and if i were you id just unplug the o2 sensors and bust off the top of it so its just a stud/bolt left in the pipe and then pretty much any socket/wrench will fit on it...just a few tips...

and i also tried ebay o2 sensors and they went bogus within 4 months and i replaced so many things around them thinking for shur it couldnt be the o2's..then i got oem o2's and the problems was fixed..

i took mine off by unplugging the sensor, and then clipping off the little piece of the plastic on the plug that prevents a closed end wrench from getting past the plug. once that little piece is off, which as far as i know serves no purpose other than stopping you from pressing the sensor together too far (which i dont think is even possible), your closed end wrench will get past the sensor and can be used to fairly easily remove the o2 sensor

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.