How to: SN95 convertible X-brace install onto a Coupe

Blind

Reaction score
IMG_1063.jpg

Picked it up for $10 at PYP junkyard off of a 1996 mustang gt convertible, I grabbed all of the mounting hardware with it.

IMG_1065.jpg

This is the stock 2 point brace that was on my `97 mustang GT from the factory.

IMG_1064.jpg

All done :thumbsup:
I was able to use 90% of the mounting holes from the convertible, a pair of mounting tabs I believe went to the bolt-in subframes and my car doesn't have those.

I noticed a fairly substantial difference in front end stiffness, but because of my DOHC swap I'm not running the stock strut tower brace, I haven't bothered to pickup a cobra or aftermarket one yet.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I had one of those on my 95 Vert only bad thing was it scraped everywhere. I would love to Stiffen up the Chassis

OP
OP
B

Blind

Reaction score
yeah it's still working great, this car is my daily. I've scraped it in a few places but I'd rather scrape this than my oil pan like I've done in the past.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i agree with you on that. That was a big benefit. Also just for any of you that go to a oil change place to change your oil. I used to run a oil change shop and when i always pulled my vert in to change the oil you can't go forward out of the bay you need to back out. The way our car's pitch is towards the front the brace will get stuck or make a horendous noise and you will swear you broke something.

OP
OP
B

Blind

Reaction score
boostedbluesnake said:
does that bolt to the k member?

and the outside of the chassis near the rear of the wheel wells.

94-5.0GT

Reaction score
i was wondering what the hell that part was. i thought it was an aftermarket x-bracing

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wow. nice budget upgrade!!! like pulling an 03 cobra gas tank for $45.00 lol! :-D

Crone

Reaction score
Good Idea!!! :thumbsup: Guess I know what I'll be lookin for at the next trip to the yard.....

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I think that is the MM version of one. I could be wrong though correct me if i am.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online

No members online now.