How to take off front bumper cover?

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Ok, so i got all the bolts off, but there looks like there is a snag under the two headlights. Looked under, looked as if there is 2 tabs holding the bumper onto the header panel. Anyone know how to pry these tabs off? I need to take off the bumper so i can paint it! Please help! Thanks!

95-stang

Reaction score
I found these a bit hard work as well, if you try to just pull them out, i reckon they will break.
I got under the car and if you look underneath you can see them, you just have to look hard to see them, i got got 2 large flat screwdrivers and pushed them gently under the tabs from behind, and out they came. Get an assistant to hold the bumper at the front.
I took a bit off the lip of those tabs when i put it back with a sander, they are a tight fit indeed.

Nater

Reaction score
ok, here is how you do it....you will need to get a large flat tip screwdriver and take the header panel off. Once you get that off you will need to flip the bumper over so that you can see the underside. You will see the tabs. I can't remember exactly, but I think there are a total of 4 tabs. just pry up VERY CAREFULLY on the header panel to let them slide out.
Hope this helps.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Nater said:
ok, here is how you do it....you will need to get a large flat tip screwdriver and take the header panel off. Once you get that off you will need to flip the bumper over so that you can see the underside. You will see the tabs. I can't remember exactly, but I think there are a total of 4 tabs. just pry up VERY CAREFULLY on the header panel to let them slide out.
Hope this helps.

What? You took that whole panel off? Just slide a screw driver under the tabs that you see as previously mentioned....it'll damn near fall off if you do it right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online