How to tell what -brand- gears i Have (pics added)

xlilzeex

Reaction score
anyone know how to tell what gears i have? I bought a set of 4.10s off this dude, barely used with the bearing kit for 80 bucks and im getting them installed next week. Just kind of curious on what kind they are. Is there anyway to tell? I thought i seen a ford symbol on the gears but its really worn down. I could snap some pics off my cell phone but there going to be pretty bad quality. Let me know. Thanx!

Nacho

Reaction score
Re: How to tell what gears i Have

lift the car from the rear, both rear tires in the air. Mark the d/s and tire. Turn the tires 1 full turn and count how many times the d/s turns. A lil more than 4x = 4.10s, a lil less than 4x = 3.73s and so on and so forth.

BTW they usually say their ratio on the pinion gear.

OP
OP
X

xlilzeex

Reaction score
Re: How to tell what gears i Have

Im sorry i should have clarified better. I meant, what BRAND do i have lol. I snapped some quick picks of my gears i bought. Anyone know how to tell what brand they are?

Photo-0033.jpg

Photo-0034.jpg

is that a ford symbol?
Photo-0035.jpg

Photo-0036.jpg

Nacho

Reaction score
Re: How to tell what gears i Have (pics added)

You SUCK!! :hammer:

Well isn't that the FORD logo?

OP
OP
X

xlilzeex

Reaction score

yeah, it looks like it. But i cant tell its a little worn?...lol its been drivin me crazy ever since i bought the gears. I couldn't pass a deal up like that though, the dude told me 100 bucks at first and some how i talked him down to 80.. woo woo...WHAT BRAND DO I HAVE DAMMIT :rant:

Nacho

Reaction score

Who cares!! :slap: They're 4.10s, they don't whine and they look solid, no cracks or anything. O0

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

Nacho said:
Who cares!! :slap: They're 4.10s, they don't whine and they look solid, no cracks or anything. O0
for shizzle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online